Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite charities?

Boolit Buddy

Salvation Army
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Banned
    I know nothing about this charity (savethechildren.org), but SurplusAmmo.com

"In response to Hurricane Harvey's devastation, SurplusAmmo.com is collecting donations for Save The Children's Hurricane Harvey Children's Relief Fund.
    We are matching customer donations dollar for dollar up to $10,000.
    In order to expedite accounting we take the donation and match it 100% and send it to Save The Children's Hurricane Harvey Children's, Relief Fund."

http://www.surplusammo.com/products/...eid=30dd0c0a4f

Boolit Master

I'm biased since I work for The American Legion but we have several charities being engaged to help veterans during this hurricane's after-effects

The National Emergency Fund is a charity for Legionnaires to apply for aid when a National Disaster is declared.
    www.legion.org.nef

The Temporary Financial Assistance Grant is a program we have in place to ensure that young children (under 18) of veterans who served during wartime (We've been at war since 9/11 so that covers a lot of veterans now) are aided and do not suffer. The parents of these children do not have be Legion members for the children to receive the aid.
    www.legion.org/tfa
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    salvation army.

Boolit Master
    St Jude
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    St Jude, Shriners , and Salvation Army.

My friends back home in NY said during 9-11 while searching the rubble mound, Salvation Army was all over helping out all firemen, cops, ems, esu and the Red Cross was no where to be scene.
    Makes you wonder

Mike

Boolit Master

Our Catholic Church is having a collection this Sunday and they are good at getting it to where it is needed. I also have friends affected and PayPal friends and family gets them money NOW to help with immediate clean up expenses. Can't get any shorter of a supply line than that. The national grocery chain of Texas, HEB is taking donations and were right there right now when Harvey hit.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy

Salvation Army, for overseas SWI (Strategic World Impact www.SWI.org).

Shriners and St. Jude.

I'm a bit of an ***** about charity. A person capable of working deserves very little. Most everyone an do SOMETHING. People that do SOMETHING may deserve something. People (most) that do nothing deserve NOTHING. Very few exceptions. My back hurts gimme disability. Boohoo!

Not that I don't support those who DO deserve help. They're just few and far between. No where NEAR the number that receive help.
    You fought for my country and my freedom and got your legs blown off? Heck yeah, lets take care you as much as you need without question. Children with life shattering ailments? No question about it.
    You got lung cancer cause you smoked for 30 years? Pay up or Piss off.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

I've been through a couple of disasters here in the mountains of New Mexico. The ONLY relief organization that showed up quickly was the Red Cross, although all the others asked for donations. It may be different in the big cities but I support the Red Cross for the work they did and do out in the boondocks. I know a number of the volunteers that staff the relief trucks and you cannot find a finer class of folks. Their management may not be perfect but they seem to get the job done around here. Ideally send your $ directly to friends or relatives in the area and second best a relief organization.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    On the news Red Cross said 91% of all donation go to the people
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    I'm biased since I work for The American Legion but we have several charities being engaged to help veterans during this hurricane's after-effects

The National Emergency Fund is a charity for Legionnaires to apply for aid when a National Disaster is declared.
    www.legion.org.nef

The Temporary Financial Assistance Grant is a program we have in place to ensure that young children (under 18) of veterans who served during wartime (We've been at war since 9/11 so that covers a lot of veterans now) are aided and do not suffer. The parents of these children do not have be Legion members for the children to receive the aid.
    www.legion.org/tfa
    I've been a member for years and when I got the email this week about the charities I have to admit I never heard of them.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Salvation Army

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Links to Salvation Army and a food/help pantry in the stricken area are in the sticky's above . When you donate please message me who you donated to and amount . We are trying to keep a total on donations through the forum . Thank all that help and please pray for all affected .

Thank you .
    Charlie (Boaz)
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy
    masonic lodge will send 100%
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master
    My self
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Funny, since they've been active charities for many many years. Go visit your post and talk to the adjutant and he'd be glad to talk about them to you.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

At our local high school football game kids with milk jugs att the gate raised over $4,500.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy
    I give only to my church, St. Edwards catholic church in Little Rock.

Boolit Master

St Jude's, Shriner's hospitals and the Salvation Army I know for a fact my money gets where it needs to go with all of them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast