Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Wally World surprise

In Remembrance

Wally World surprise

After visiting my heart Doctor Monday I stopped in at Wally World to buy a new Timex watch as mine had finally died before I might do. After buying the watch I thought I should gimp back to sporting goods to see what was there now seeing as I hadn`t been there in over a year. I chatted up a clerk there and asked the same old question, `Any .22 ammo`? To my surprise he led me over to an overflowing case of all different brands and bullet weights and styles including all those fancy .17`s that are the now fad. I asked when this flood of ammo happened? He said since Janurary when Wally World changed who their supplier was! I bought a value pack of Federals for $24, besides having to show I.D. to prove I was really alive, and actually walked with a little lighter step out of the store knowing the drought is over - for now.Robert

Boolit Master

i dont know who their supplier is for most brands, but they buy direct from federal.

Bulk 22LR at under 5cent/rnd? Pretty good! And the bulk Federals shoot well in my handguns. Stopping by Walley World soon to have a looksee.

Boolit Master

I managed to get two 550 packs of Federal this past weekend at WalMart. They have had Remington Thunderbolt off and on this year but it is way too dirty for me to use in all but an emergency situation. Nice to get Federal. I like the way it shoots. Don't have what I'd call enough, but I can think about taking my 8yo shooting .22s now.
    Bulldogger

I went into Wally World a couple of days ago and there was plenty of 22's there. There was a lot of CCI in long rifle and shorts(haven't seen shorts in forever)and some Federal 325 packs. Also 1000 round packs of CCI I think. Bought some shorts for a pistol. Don't know if any were standard velocity or not because I really wasn't looking for them. Most were priced at .05 a round. No 22 mag at all.

Boolit Master

I managed 4.5 cents per. Not great, but better than the past 8 years prices!

Shorts?? Last time I needed those I had to break down and order them from Midway. Very surprised to see them. If someone had told me they stopped being produced I wouldn't have doubted it. Sounds like the availability problem is on the mend.

BDGR

Boolit Buddy

Like to see some .17 Mach II - those seem to have gone the way of the Great American Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
    I managed 4.5 cents per. Not great, but better than the past 8 years prices!

Shorts?? Last time I needed those I had to break down and order them from Midway. Very surprised to see them. If someone had told me they stopped being produced I wouldn't have doubted it. Sounds like the availability problem is on the mend.

BDGR

FWIW, I was "allowed" to buy 3 boxes ( 50 ea) of .22 Short @ my local WallyWorld, earlier this Summer.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

The WalMart here lifted the 3 box limit on .22s several months ago.
    Chuck

Boolit Buddy
    Was in my gun shop last week and to my surprise they had a shelf full of Federal Auto Match. Now I hardly buy ammo there cause it is much higher then Walmart but it was priced at $17.00. The past prices I have seen on Auto Match have been $24.00.

The world of 22 rimfire is all new to me so I've been looking and paying attention. I have 4 Wally worlds within 15 miles from me. Plus they are putting up a new Mills Fleet-Farm about 1/2hr away.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at my local wally's which has not had any .22's, so I asked what the deal was with others carrying and starting to restock but not them, this guy told me they were not going to carry it anymore, I asked why since it appeared to be the one constant that got sold regularly, he told me it was coming from above and they just follow orders.
    Must be only this store.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

Local has not had 22 on display for 5 years. Visiting Mom last week was in her local, they had Rem Thunderbolt 500 for $19.95 and Federal Auto Match 325 for $14.95. Had some other 50 boxes at a little over $3.