Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: carnauba blue

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    yeah, im sorry for both of your losses, but 14+16 is a long time for a lab to live, mine got cancer, and we had to put him down at 12 years old. my current dog is 5 now, and wandered up to our house just around 1 year of age ( that's what the vet said) since she is a smaller dog, and has some terrier, maybe blue heeler, and pit, im hoping she gets at least 15 or 16 years of good quality life. I call her my heart, because I cant imagine how I could live without her. she is that one dog you get in a lifetime, others will be great im sure, but she will be the one I will always keep with me in life and death. it is planned for us to be cremated and spread together in the mountains
    We have the ashes from our 3 labs and plan on doing the same as you..The kids think we are nuts but oh well....

Banned
    Thanks, added it to my Ebay watch list in case PC doesn't work out.

Boolit Master
    You can buy it directly from the manufacturer. I bought a bunch of red some years ago and still have a few sticks left. Look for the link on the home page here......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

ok, thanks for all the help, I know it's stupid, but for some reason color is really important to me, I like blue, red and green, I don't like the color of 2500 and some of the others.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master

He will make them in any color you want. Well I should say he has colors available that you can change them to. There is a minimum order and then a small per stick charge. I've almost used up the 2500+ I have and am going to order some in green.

oh, that's handy!

Boolit Master
    Guys, how does the blue compare to the red, as far as smoke in standard handguns? Red is tolerable for IPSC shooting, but I am wondering if blue smokes the same or less.

yeah, I don't like smoky lube, thats why I hate LL alox, well that and I don't think it works.

Boolit Bub
    I have been using BAC for my .45 bullseye loads and am having really good results. Accuracy is excellent and no leading. One wet patch and two dry ones and the barrel is sparkly clean. Which I do about twice a year. I'm thinking about trying the Blue but of course i just bought like five big blocks of the BAC. I like the idea of less sticky..

Boolit Master
    Bought 10 or so sticks of the Blue when Lars first announced it,. Great stuff and only requires a little heat if you work place gets cold, a n my case I hit it with GF's hair dryer for a minute and we were off and running!

Lately it's been much warmer in SOCAL, must be the fires, and it hasn't needed any help to move through my Star.

Good stuff and not sticky, so far.

HM

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty bullseye shooter View Post
    I have been using BAC for my .45 bullseye loads and am having really good results. Accuracy is excellent and no leading. One wet patch and two dry ones and the barrel is sparkly clean. Which I do about twice a year. I'm thinking about trying the Blue but of course i just bought like five big blocks of the BAC. I like the idea of less sticky..
    I'm casting for Bullseye as well and using the blue. I'm wondering how BAC compares to the blue. I'd like something just a tad stiffer. And the no leading is awesome! I need to read up more on the BAC. Thats the lars stuff right?

Boolit Grand Master

BAC is softer than CB. It's a mix of CR and 50/50. If you want harder the options are CR or one of the commercial lubes.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    BAC is softer than CB. It's a mix of CR and 50/50. If you want harder the options are CR or one of the commercial lubes.
    I think the CR 160 may be what I'm looking for

Boolit Bub
    Lab Lover if your from Michigan you must be shooting with Kovach? I might give the Blue a try

Lab Lover if your from Michigan you must be shooting with Kovach? I might give the Blue a try
    I know of him but only getting started..Have not shot yet..Next year is start time. Load testing etc right now. Trying to find a good boolit I like. Also need to send the RO to someone for a rib etc.

Boolit Buddy
    I apologize in advance if anyone feels that this is a derail. What I'm curious about, is whether c-blue spins off of the boolit on exit from the barrel of a handgun. Also, in anyone's experience will it do so at 20-90 degrees?
    Grateful for any and all answers.
    Kirk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I know of him but only getting started..Have not shot yet..Next year is start time. Load testing etc right now. Trying to find a good boolit I like. Also need to send the RO to someone for a rib etc.
    Glad to see you getting into the sport! What load are you shooting now? I'm shooting a boolit from an Accurate mold for my Master Caster it's I think 190G in the catalog. 4.0 of Bullseye with this boolit sized to .4515 crimped to .463. Shot my first 100 50yd slowfire with MY boolits earlier this year with that load. I shoot same boolit with 3.6 of Bullseye for short line.

I respect your love of Labs but my baby girl is a German Shepherd that goes everywhere with me. Including the range. She loves the attention.

Glad to see you getting into the sport! What load are you shooting now? I'm shooting a boolit from an Accurate mold for my Master Caster it's I think 190G in the catalog. 4.0 of Bullseye with this boolit sized to .4515 crimped to .463. Shot my first 100 50yd slowfire with MY boolits earlier this year with that load. I shoot same boolit with 3.6 of Bullseye for short line.

I respect your love of Labs but my baby girl is a German Shepherd that goes everywhere with me. Including the range. She loves the attention.
    My first Dog was a German Shepherd. Loved that dog.

I'm loading 200 gr Noe with 4.0 of BE as well. The Noe throws a bit heavy at 215 ish. Might have to check on that Accurate 190G. I have a Lyman I bought here on SS thats a 200 gr BB boolit that I'll give a go too. I thought Rob was from wisconsin? If he's in Mich I might have to look him up for someone to shoot with and learn!

I will say my casting is getting a little frustrating. Lots of my casts are having inclusions in them..thought I cleaned my lead but seems to not be the case. Not sure how a big deal it is at 25 yards. For 50 I plan to shoot the Zero 185 jacketed HP's. Any tips on casting you can give I'm all ears.

Thanks

Joe

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    My first Dog was a German Shepherd. Loved that dog.

I'm loading 200 gr Noe with 4.0 of BE as well. The Noe throws a bit heavy at 215 ish. Might have to check on that Accurate 190G. I have a Lyman I bought here on SS thats a 200 gr BB boolit that I'll give a go too. I thought Rob was from wisconsin? If he's in Mich I might have to look him up for someone to shoot with and learn!

I will say my casting is getting a little frustrating. Lots of my casts are having inclusions in them..thought I cleaned my lead but seems to not be the case. Not sure how a big deal it is at 25 yards. For 50 I plan to shoot the Zero 185 jacketed HP's. Any tips on casting you can give I'm all ears.

Thanks

Joe
    Your right Kovach is from Wisconsin. First mold I bought was an NOE 185HP/200solid. With the hollow point pins it cast at 200 and the solid cast at around the 215 your getting. Was not a good idea to start my adventures in casting with a hollow point mold! The Accurate mold I'm using throws boolits at 194 with my range lead plus 2% tin. I have a 4 cavity aluminum Accurate mold in the 190G if your interested. I used this mold for a couple of seasons till I decided to get the MasterCaster. If your getting inclusions I'd try buying a little lead from the buy,sell forum here or I can send you a couple ingots of mine to see if your still getting inclusions. That would at least rule out a possible lead issue.

When I started I ladle cast. I counted everything. Seconds from pour, seconds to open, seconds till I poured again and then adjusted depending on how boolits were dropping. Pictures of your boolits would help. Could what you think is inclusions just be a cold mold and poor fillout? Also the more you cast with your mold the better it will cast. My mold for my Master Caster is a couple of years old and still continues to cast better every time I use it. Couple weeks ago a friend was using it and dropped the mold after taking it out of the machine. Thought it warped the mold because it wouldn't close but it turned out the allignment pin moved and was keeping the mold from going closed. Thought I was going to have to get a new mold and have to start over with seasoning it.

I can send you some of the 194gr bullets sized or unsized if youd like to try them. Out of my gun the group really well.

Scott

Hey Scott I'll drop you a pm tonight and give you some more details as well as ask about that mold. I have pics of the Bullets in the lead section. Take a peek and let me know what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast