WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: Replacement Mold Guide for Lyman MAG25 Casting Pot (also works with RCBS Pro-Melt)

Replacement Mold Guide for Lyman MAG25 Casting Pot (also works with RCBS Pro-Melt)

NOE has a replacement mold guide for the MAG25 pot and Pro-Melt if you need one. http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...kgg8nnglpgg7b0

Video showing the design and use:

Video showing how to install it:

Last edited by full.lead.taco; 09-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    I love guns, tacos, and lead. I use the guns. The guns eat lead. And I eat tacos. I make videos about the first 2 things.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/fullleadtaco

I am going to have to get one of those.

looks like a well thought out product to me , great job .

Thanks, it makes casting with both of those pots a bit nicer. I was ok with the rcbs mold guide, but the new shelf makes casting with the NOE rg molds a lot easier.
    I love guns, tacos, and lead. I use the guns. The guns eat lead. And I eat tacos. I make videos about the first 2 things.

Hey Taco, thanks I just ordered one, will solve my problem.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Looks good.It won't work with my old Lyman hollow point molds though.The mold guide on the Mag 25 works fine with Lyman and RCBS molds.I haven't tried one of the Lachmillers or Saecos yet.

Boolit Master

Just ordered one

Boolit Master
    Thank God! My Lyman Mag 25 needs one so bad it's ridiculous. I also have a Pro-Melt so I just ordered two. The problem with the Lyman is so bad that I don't use it because of the freakin mold guide issue...
    [

Yeah Lyman kinda messed up on that design. Not many people use just one brand of molds these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    Thank God! My Lyman Mag 25 needs one so bad it's ridiculous. I also have a Pro-Melt so I just ordered two. The problem with the Lyman is so bad that I don't use it because of the freakin mold guide issue...

Boolit Grand Master

That looks like a nice after market add on. I would like to see one made with stainless. I know, $$$!!! The RCBS guide works ok but I've never been impressed with any of the Lyman guides.
    Last edited by lightman; 09-10-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Boolit Master

OMG, I've been waiting for this since I bought my Mag25, ordered. Thanks full.lead.taco and Al!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    OMG, I've been waiting for this since I bought my Mag25, ordered. Thanks full.lead.taco and Al!!!
    Ha ha, no prob. It was one of those mutually beneficial things that worked out good for everyone. I wanted something for me that was better than stacking those lead ingots--and figured if I wanted it, there were probably more people out there that did too. So I went to Al with the design and he cut me out a test one, which we changed a couple times as I tested it. I got my new guides, other people have an option for a decent guide now, and Al gets to make a few bucks--win win win. I love it when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    That looks like a nice after market add on. I would like to see one made with stainless. I know, $$$!!! The RCBS guide works ok but I've never been impressed with any of the Lyman guides.
    Stainless would be awesome--but I'm not sure what it would cost to make it out of stainless. Most people probably wouldn't want to pay the increased cost for a nice shiny stainless guide, ha ha!

Boolit Master
    Looks pretty decent . HOWEVER I don't typically use a mold guide and this item wouldn't be of use if say I were casting the Lyman 429640 Devestater HP with the big HP knob on the underside . But I've been contemplating the Lyman 25 pound furnace and if I decide to get one I may as well get this guide thingy as well ������
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    The Lyman 429640 HP mold works fine with the MAG 25's OEM mold guide.

Boolit Master

Installed mold guide Lyman Mag25

Pic of the guide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0273.jpg  

A couple people requested that I post an instructional video on how to install the mold guide. Also added it to the OP for reference. Here it is:

Boolit Mold
    I filed the lip a little shorter so that the Lyman mold stop would slide on.