Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Sgt. Steve Perez died Sunday

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Sgt. Steve Perez died Sunday

Sgt. Steve Perez died Sunday morning on his way to work in Houston Tx.

As He was leaving for work his family was begging him not to go. He said "WE have work to do"

He was trapped by rising waters Blue lives matter.

Lord watch over your all your children in Texas
    Last edited by DCP; 08-29-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Prayer sent.
    jim

Very good news conference by the police chief. Appears to be a really good man and Houston is lucky to have him. Honored Sgt Perez and his long service very well.

Boolit Master

Godspeed Sgt Perez

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I know from personal experience what it is like to work as a first responder during a natural disaster and to work the long hours that are required. The duties these first responders face during this crisis is not only personal - as their homes and families are in danger - but the physical exertion of long hours and what they are seeing and experiencing also takes its toll. But, they do it without question . . . . they do it for their community, their friends, their family and for those that they don't even know . . . there is no judging based on a persons color, race, religion or social status . . . they do it because fellow Americans and human beings are in need and suffering. Sgt. Perez knew those things and represented those things . . . and he leaves a legacy for everyone to look up to. It is sad and I know his family, friends and coworkers are grieving for him . . . but his memory will always be with those that he helped. A true "American" all the way and may
    God bless him and watch over his family and loved ones.

This disaster is one that no one could have foreseen how extensive the loos would be. I am amazed at the spunk and spirit of the Texans as they go through this and as fellow Americans, we all need to help in any way we can to help them. Even though it has been said many times, please reach in to your pocket as you can and make a much needed donation to the red Cross or other group that is and will be helping these flood victims. Even if it is just $1, every bit helps. As hard as the last few days have been for these folks in the south, it is nothing compared to what lays ahead for them as they start to try to rebuild their lives, many of them having lost everything.

And say a prayer for all of those in need and all of those who are out there helping others in rescue and support missions to help them out. May the Good Lord watch over all of them and ease their burden.

Odd, isn't it, how the vociferous "cop haters" voices on this forum have fallen silent. I give my "In The Line Of Duty" thread some credit for that, because one can not read all of the names listed and not be somewhat overwhelmed. I'll update it again down near the end of the year. Our brothers continue to fall, but continue to step up to the plate. These, and our military, are some of the real men in our society. May God bless them all.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    End of watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3LlJ65gXv4

All of these are hard. When you know them it harder yet.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Sgt. Perez is one of thousands of first responders who left the love and safety of their homes to do an often thankless job. Some from my community are down there now; some I know, most I don't. I'm praying for every one of them, local and "visiting". I'll likely be down there soon helping relatives get things back together, you can bet I'll give all I can a "thank you" for helping keep my family safe...even when their family begged them to stay home.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.