Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

1 Corinthians 15:15-20 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

The early church was often ridiculed for believing that Christ literally rose from the dead. Paul explains here that if Christ didn't rise from the dead there is no resurrection for the rest of us either. In fact, if Christ has not risen, our faith is empty and we are still in bondage to our sins.

Just imagine if Christ had not risen from the dead. Christianity would be no different than any other religion. Every other religion has a human figure behind it and they are all in the grave. Even Muhammed the "great" prophet died and is buried to this day. That's where Christianity is unique. The Lord Jesus is our human figure, but although his life is historically documented, his bones are nowhere to be found.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 says... For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

He is alive and because He lives, we can look forward to everlasting life in heaven with Him
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Christ died for us....I believe it and I try to live it. He is my Rock.....AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

The greatest of messages for this morning - Thank you rl69
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Amen, this is THE message, and don't think for one second that there arn't plenty of people out there who don't believe Christ arose from the grave! Some claiming to be Christians hold this belief!

Christianity is so much easier when we just believe what the word says. The entire chapter is very revealing of who and what we are, and who and what we will become.

Great Choice Ronnie!

Moderator Emeritus

The resurrection is probably the part that most agnostic/atheists have the greatest trouble with. If they can't understand HOW it happened, they simply refuse to believe it, and thus, call it a "myth." But others can, even if they can't understand how it was done, believe that a true God COULD resurrect the dead. This is one of the biggest factors that separates believers from those who refuse to believe.

Essentially, believers believe that there's more to this world than mere cynicism, and that there are probably many things that are true that we simply don't and maybe can't understand. And that's OK with them. Non-believers of whatever stripe, on the other hand, believe that if they can't understand it completely, it simply CAN'T possibly be true! What a haughty attitude! I've long suspected that it's contrived so as to prevent their acknowledging that there really ARE things that are real and true, that they'll never be able to understand. It seems to be their intent from the start to NOT accept Christ, because it would hinder their wants and desires if they did. Little do they know how rich the life of a true Christian really IS! If they only knew! But they won't ALLOW themselves to know, lest they have to drop all the rest of their pretensions. I truly feel sorry for them. I have never met a person of any stripe who, upon coming to light, didn't see almost instantly how much they'd really been missing. Life on this side of belief is SO rich and fulfilling, even in times of trial! If they only knew, or would simply allow themselves to know!

Life on this side of belief is SO rich and fulfilling,
    Yeah!, we know we have a future......