Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: Found a nice Pre 64 32 WS

Boolit Grand Master

Found a nice Pre 64 32 WS

Was perusing a new gun shop and came across a 1952 vintage Winny 94 in 32 WS. Bluing was very good, bore pristine, no rattles and operated as intended. A nice 90-95% gun. But price was $699. A little too much for me, however, they're not making any more Pre 64 models.

How much would YOU pay for such an example?

Boolit Master
    Personally $500 would be stretching it, so well off the dickering range from their asking price.

Boolit Grand Master

That was my thoughts exactly. It was on consignment. Another will pop up. There are a bunch out there but this one was pretty nice. Had the wood more figure or all the screw heads been perfect, I may have been temped a bit more.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I always make a counter offer on a consignment. Sometimes it is refused, about half the time there is a counter, counter offer and we eventually strike a deal. The store may not communicate the offer though; that can kill any offer I made since the owner never got it. I got a 1929 S&W recently by making a counter offer, it took a week for the communication channel to be made; but I got it....

Boolit Grand Master

If it's an original gun I would have brought it home even though I have a very similar rifle of that vintage, model and chambering. I'm mainly buying older guns now but won't pass up an original gun in this condition, especially in this configuration.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    If it's an original gun I would have brought it home even though I have a very similar rifle of that vintage, model and chambering. I'm mainly buying older guns now but won't pass up an original gun in this condition, especially in this configuration.

Ditto - In some parts of the country, it's worth waaaay more than in other parts of the country.

Exactly why it's best, when selling, to expose it to a wider audience than in a local funshop (like in an online guns-only for sale/auction website).

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a M94 vintage 1937 in 32 WS back in May. It is the eastern carbine configuration. Bluing other than the receiver was maybe 70%. Bore is nice. Price was $450 here in Eastern PA. I am just getting around to loading some Lyman 321265 plain base hollow points, and will post my results.

Boolit Master
    I've paid [allot more] than that asking price you commented for my pristine pre 32 specials>more than once. In my scouting of gun shops only two types of levers catch my eye Winchesters & Savage Those others >Marlin Sako Browning no thank you not interested. If your really interested in buying a pre model at a reasonable price. Check out those Estate sales in your local.

I love my 1952 Win94 32WS. It is about 85% and I paid $400 about 7 years ago. I would go $600 for what you described, but $699 is not outrageous, at least around here.

Boolit Man
    A little off topic...........

I just posted a new topic in the Group Buy Section, to see if there is enough interest in an NOE Ranch Dog Mold for the 32 Winchester Special. If enough sign on (I think it takes 10), it will be available in aluminum or brass, 2 or 4 cavity, gas check, plain base, cramer-style hollow point pins & flat point pins. Just a public service announcement.

I bought my pre-64 Win 32 Special last year, but can't remember what I paid for it. I think it was $550, but not sure. It came with tang mounted peep sight. Probably 85% blue.
    Last edited by Devon; 09-01-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Wish we had the prices you guys are quoting.... up here in the NE the asking price is right on ..as a mater of fact it's just a tad on the low side especially in the described condition.. I just sold two privately for that and the guys couldn't get their money out fast enough..they were 30-30's though..