MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: I really wish they would hurry up with one of those silencer laws

Boolit Master

I really wish they would hurry up with one of those silencer laws

I just put together a beautiful Nelson 22 conversion for one of my 1911's. What a great kit. It happens to have a threaded barrel for a barrel weight/brake. It would also thread on a silencer. We're now up to 159 co-sponsors on HR 367. They just keep dribbling in...man, I wish they would just get this done. I'm getting writers cramps sending letters to my congressmen and senators.
    [

Vendor Sponsor

you are not by yourself .. This would energize the gun industry like nothing else for several years ..
    NC legalized suppressors for hunting 3 years ago .. what a world of difference for hunting
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    Legal for hunting here too but Ill never own one as long as they regulated like they are, I just refuse to jump through hoops like an animal to own something that should never be regulated in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I'd like to see them passed so costs come down to the level they should be at. I have a few already. Just don't want to deal w/ the wait and height cost of the can. The $200 stamp doesn't bother me. But the entire purchase should be less than that. If they do pass I'm chopping the barrel on one of my 35 Remington Marlins. 16" barrel w/ a silencer attached would be the same length as the stock rifle. Makes it easy to handle unlike attaching it to the stock length barrel.

ADMIN

If I was allowed to do form 1s at no cost then I would build a dozen cans.

Just left the range and shot my Yankee Hill Sidewinder 45 pistol can.
    I have the adapters to use it on any of my pistols or pistol caliber rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Grand Master

Im patiently waiting. With all the buy outs and gearing up on the suppressor side, perhaps the big boys know something we don't.

Boolit Master
    I think there may be some movement when they raise the debt ceiling. AT least I hope so. That's when they attach little bills like this one to some monster bill that has to go through.
    [

Boolit Master

The tax stamp will go away but I wonder just how much the price will drop, if any at all.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    The tax stamp will go away but I wonder just how much the price will drop, if any at all.
    I think there will be a mad rush and you won't be able to find one for a year or better. My question is what will it do to the manufacturing laws on the books, my buddy and I have one drawn up and ready to go literally just need to write the program and hit go...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Look at European countries where they are treated like the accessories they are. They won't cost $1,000. They get away w/ it now because of the restricted market. They will come down to a few hundred.

Banned

if you can buy it you can build it.

Boolit Master
    If they are just tagged as accessories and don't require a special license, new manufactures will poor into making them. They're so simple.
    [

Boolit Master
    I just picked up a rifle that is threaded. When asked, I said about a year after the "Hearing Protection Act" passes, prices will likely crash just like in the computer world with new gadgets. I am figuring on next spring for passage.

I don't understand why people will wait forever for something that may never happen. Life is too short, buy a can or several and enjoy them now.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
    I don't understand why people will wait forever for something that may never happen. Life is too short, buy a can or several and enjoy them now.

You mean buy one now and enjoy it in 6 to 8 months. I have a .30 cal in limbo right now, I'm 3 months in.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
    People don't want to deal w/ the hassle of the NFA. Can't say I blame them. I already have a few. If the proposed laws pass I will have A LOT more.

Time to approval should start going down fast. Almost all of the pre July purchases are done, and sales fell off the cliff after that. so I'd expect 3 to 4 months which is still stupid. I like my two, would love a little one for the 22 rather than the 9 mm one we use. And another 9mm for my other threaded gun. And I'd finagle another for another! And etc