WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: CZ 527 American 6.5 Grendel

Boolit Master

CZ 527 American 6.5 Grendel

Considering this rifle that I crave but don't need and looking for others experiences and comments. Might have found one with good wood which brings it again into consideration. Any substantial advantage over a 7.62x39 in the CZ 527 format when mostly punching holes in paper at 100 or 200 yards? Probably should use the money for upgrading optics elsewhere, but still...

Boolit Master
    I see steel cased ammo for it at good prices. Would be a very good varmint calling round. Buy one and report for us.

I don't need one either but what a cool little deer/hog/target gun it would be! Almost a .250 Savage powerwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My experience with 527s (in .223 rem) is that they're decent quality and accurate for a relatively inexpensive gun. The actions might be a bit rough from the factory but watch a couple movies while working the bolt with some oil and they'll smooth out nicely after a while. If not, complain to the Factory and they'll likely send you a replacement gun.

CZ customer service for me wasn't the quickest, but they sent me a return shipping label, and replaced my problematic rifle free of charge. So they did right by me. I ended up with a spare mag and another set of rings for my trouble too.

Steel mags are nice, but new/spare/replacement ones are about $40+. If your gun doesn't ship with rings you'll be looking at another $40-$75. The 16mm dovetail's not the most common system so be aware. Either way, I like the 527s.

About the same price range is the Howa Mini 1500. They're eerily similar to the Nostalgic Sako L461/A1s and are chambered in 6.5 Grendel now too and might be more available than the 6.5mm CZ 527s. The mag holds more and they've got good Customer Service and use standard Remington 700 style scope mounts. They have a lot of plastic in them though. The metallic parts are well-fitted though with ħMOA accuracy too. Just FYI.