Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: cheap source for lead free 38/357 bullets.

Boolit Grand Master

cheap source for lead free 38/357 bullets.

My sister lives in Show Low AZ. I have been loading 38 Special for with cast. The indoor range she shoots at has gone 100% lead free. The facility is nice but after that I will not comment.

They sell POLYCASE INCEPTOR 38 SPECIAL 84GR RNP for $18.95. https://thehubaz.com/shop/polycase-38spl-84gr/

I have been doing some online research and I am not finding any low cost lead free bullets for plinking or target practice for 38/357. Does anyone have a source or a recommendation?

Since that is the only game in town for an indoor range she has limited options.

I would seek out an indoor range in the next town. Ask if they accept TMJ ammo use. A few companies make it. They must have crappy vent systems at that place. I understand not wanting to shoot outdoors in 110 degree heat, trust me. Good luck to her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I would seek out an indoor range in the next town. Ask if they accept TMJ ammo use. A few companies make it. They must have crappy vent systems at that place. I understand not wanting to shoot outdoors in 110 degree heat, trust me. Good luck to her.

No other indoor within a 100 miles. They used to allow lead. The owner and employee are driving the business into the ground. Not a place I care to go but I don't live there and that is her only choice for an indoor range.

What about making her some cast zinc bullets?

Not cheap per se, but at least realistic.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSear...temsPerPage=24
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

The light polycase probably won't shoot to the sights. I guess lead free solder cast into boolits then pc'd wouldn't work? I'm just guessing now. It sounds like the owners wouldn't want any handloads anyway. What jerks.

Banned

by the time you figure it out they'll be out of business.
    I'd start working on ways to just buy the place and updating things a bit it would be easier.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Can't be of any help in your query - but it surprises me in AZ that an indoor range would set that requirement - and still stay in business. Must be the new owners migrated from the west . . . . nun said.

I know the weather, even up in Show Low, isn't always the best for shooting outdoors - but I'd sure be looking for a place that I could. If the patrons of that range are driving business away - perhaps it's time for the shooters in the area to form a "club" and pursue their own range to shoot at?

Best of luck to you.

Boolit Buddy
    I wouldn't expect a lead free indoor range to be in business very long regardless.
    "Oh bother" said Pooh as the tripwire clicked.

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

Boolit Master
    What do they sell at the range to shoot? I've heard of requiring bullets having no exposed lead before but lead free really limits you to very expensive, premium stufff.

I'd guess they don't want lead bullets but would be fine with plated or jacketed or maybe powder coated. If not they will be out of business soon. No dedicated shooters are going to there if it costs a $.50 to $1 per round to shoot even cheap calibers. This would also eliminate any .22 ammo.

Boolit Master

PC bullets get us past the no exposed lead requirements at several ranges
    not hard to do

might that help?
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place