Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Shot Some New (To Me) Pistols Today

Boolit Master

Shot Some New (To Me) Pistols Today

Got out to the Legion range today and did some shooting. A buddy from Church was there and let me shoot his Sig P238 and his new Shield in .45 ACP. Both very nice pistols. All were shot with factory ammo.

I also got a chance to work through some targets with a few wheelguns, .380s and a 1911. All my loads were handloads and were cast.

All in all a good day at the range.
    Last edited by EMC45; 08-26-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Im always wrapped up in training with my pistol. Every thing is on the timer trying to beat my last drill. Never shoot my friends guns.

Im a little burnt out. Sounds like good times with friends. I need to get back to some of that!

Is this trip to the range going to cause a trip to the gun store?

I understand the drive for improvement when you compete regardless of the discipline. Been there and done that. Just not in your discipline.
    I just compete against my self and a few friends now. I am old enough and slow enough now I can't do the fast stuff anyway.
    I had the opportunity to return the favor for some people at the range last week. They were trying to decide on a handgun and as it happened, I had 2 of the ones they were thinking about with me.
    We got to make friends and they got to try out some handguns they found interesting. I don't know what they will decide, but maybe I helped them out a bit.
    Another good day at the range.

Boolit Master

I was at the range yesterday. Spent a half hour trying to diagnose a cycling problem in a new pistol. Frustrated, I switched to punching holes with my.30 carbine AutoMag III. A kid ( I say kid but he was probably in his mid-30's) in the next lane thought my A-Mag was a 1911. I set up a new target (1 1/2 inch square orange sticky on a piece of recycled printer paper) and gave him two 5 round magazines & the pistol. He really enjoyed it. I was packing up when he asked if I wanted to try out his new 1911, A fresh from the FFL new Nighthawk 45. That kid made my day.
    As Taz said I mostly compete against myself. Sometdays I lose & someday I'm pleasantly surprised, but a trip to the range is never disappointing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    Im always wrapped up in training with my pistol. Every thing is on the timer trying to beat my last drill. Never shoot my friends guns.

Im a little burnt out. Sounds like good times with friends. I need to get back to some of that!

Is this trip to the range going to cause a trip to the gun store?
    Not anytime soon. There are some nice ones out there waiting to come home with me, but my wallet just doesn't know it yet.....

I was just mainly shooting zerox paper stapled to the backer. No dots, targets, spots etc. I was just trying to make them all touch from 15 yds and in.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    We are always chasing that edge over the next guy. If you are not in organized competition the gun you have is fine for target shooting.

When I was younger i bought a Marlin 44mag used for 175.00 . i had a lot of fun shooting small clusters opensighted at 25 yds. I sold it to buy something better. If I would have pushed myself to shoot at 50yds the gun would have remained funfor a long time. I sold the gun because my groups at 50 sucked. It was not the gun it was me.

sorry just rambling
    Last edited by GARD72977; 08-27-2017 at 08:59 PM.