WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Core mold maker ?

Banned

Core mold maker ?

I have been using brass molds from tom at accurate molds almost exclusively since I begin reloading. I have been very happy with these molds and with the customer service.

I recently picked up a bt simple 22 to 223 set, and it did come with a mold, but it's not eexactly the quality I'm used to, very much like a LEE mold. I was also hoping to get 6 cavities instead of just 4.

I had contacted Tom about making a nice brass mold but he declined, claiming that he could only make them a little less than a half inch deep, and that he would have to set up the lathe for 6 holes. Never mind that most bullets are deeper than a half inch but whatever.

I might just get a 4 cavity brass from him anyhow and then take it to a machinist who can finish the holes, but that's going to be time consuming and expensive.

If someone could recommend a mold maker that can get er done, I would really appreciate it.

Boolit Buddy
    I had one of Dave Corbin's adjustable core molds, I can't remember if it was a 6 or 8 cavity mold but it is high quality.

Mold for casting 185" cores - swaging 224" bullet (MP MOLDS 185" CORE MOLD) March 201

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t

I was honcho for this one and everybody seems to be super happy with -I bought two, 80€ each for 8cav MP Mold quality. If you are lucky he maybe have one 55grs extra, PM him if that is what you need.

When I got my 223 bullet swage set from BT, it came with a Lee mold for cores, 12cav, very well done but I did replace the cheap spru handle with a machined steel version from RedRiver. Cutting 12 sprus at once can be hard on the handle.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    I like my 1.25"/32mm 8cav. core mold bought in the group buy from mihec. The machining is beautiful. The cores are uniform. Now to make my ammo smith style cutter.

Banned
    Ammosmith cutter?