RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: 765 Argentine barked like heavy 06

Banned

765 Argentine barked like heavy 06

We shot some PPU 7,65x53 Argentine FMJ BT 11,3g 174 gr
    in a MAUSER MODELO ARGENTINO 1891, L9### and it kicked like a heavy 06 load.
    The accuracy was dead on. anybody know the pressure and velocity generated by this load?

Boolit Master
    According to the manufacturer, 2625 fps. http://www.ppu-usa.com/ppu/7-65x53-argentine/

Max pressure per cip is 56,565 psi.

Boolit Master
    The 7.65x53 is no slouch, ballistically. It is fully the equal of the .308 Winchester and 7.62x54 Russian. PPU's ballistics might be a shade optimistic, but it should be no trouble to launch a 150gr. projectile at 2750 f/s. Better velocities can be obtained with the 29" barreled versions, but respectable results from the shorter-barreled rifles are readily obtainable. All of that "ballistic bliss" comes at the expense of significant recoil, especially in lighter, shorter rifles.

Because the round is slightly obscure and factory ammunition is expensive, a great many of these rifles have sat around for decades with few rounds run through them. This often means the bore is in excellent condition and can deliver accuracy that will surprise many shooters.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Interesting! I had one for a while, I was wanting to "sporterize" it, they really aren't worth much, learned that the hard way! Then ammo is hard to find with limited loads. I was going to chamber it for .308 and try to run O/S boolits in it but I was told, by many, that the two lug bolt wouldn't take the pressure from .308 and not to do it?
    I've sold it and moved on, but if this is really the case, I may round up another one and build a light weight bolt .308!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    Good ones are going for more than $600.00 now. I would look elsewhere for something to sporterize.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Master

just get a form and trim die (RCBS makes one) and a cast boolit to fit the bbl and your golden (turn 30-06 and 270 brass into Argentine Mauser). Loaded a friend's Mauser with some leads that I had cast for my Mosen. They have a fantastic bolt and are right on. Shoot it up.

Boolit Master
    I tried sizing and reforming .30-06 in to 7.65x53 Mauser, but the necks were always too thick & I had no way to turn the inside of them. Using 7x57 Mauser or .270 Win. brass might help in that respect, but I'm not sure. I finally got results with .308 Winchester brass. The neck's a little short, but it'll work.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

same thing with me and I got a neck turner from Sinclair with a pilot. Once you make up about 200 or so you can put all that stuff up if you shoot cast you'll never wear out the brass. I've got about 10 or so reloaded converted brass with my Mauser.
    http://www.brownells.com/search/inde...rner&ksubmit=y http://www.brownells.com/reloading/c...prod33212.aspx