Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Alloy Calculator?

Alloy Calculator?

Is there such a thing as an alloy calculator, where you can put x pounds of tin, x pounds of pure, x pounds of ww, x pounds of lino, and it spit out the composition along with hardness value?

Thanks for the heads up,

~Bazoo

Boolit Master
    Yes, hit the link in my signature.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpo628 View Post
    Yes, hit the link in my signature.
    This is one of the best tools a caster can use.

Thanks bumpo!
    Bob

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you Bumpo.

Good job Bumpo! Don't reinvent the wheel, consult the experts at Cast Boolits, I have and learned a wealth of information.

That looks cool, but for me, most of my calculation happens on the iPad these days, even though I have a really nice computer directly to my left lol. So a web based or app based calculator would work best for me. Anyone know of one?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    That looks cool, but for me, most of my calculation happens on the iPad these days, even though I have a really nice computer directly to my left lol. So a web based or app based calculator would work best for me. Anyone know of one?
    This link says you can open Excel files with Numbers on your iPad.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH23853...S&locale=en_US
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    OS X is I think compatible with Open Office and Calc in Open Office will open and work the calculator from bumpo (thanks bumpo!) and mostly on iPad is not the same as must use iPad. You figure out a recipe with the calculator. Go put those ingredients in the pot in the amounts entered in the calculator. I use a laptop to run calculator but I sure don't carry it out to my melting and smelting area! Most recipes are only 2 to 4 ingredients. I just put different values in and watch the summary until I get the alloy ratio I want.

Oh and there is a formula for hardness that the calculator uses printed on the bottom, comes from Rotometals a foundry source so probably petty accurate, you can do percentages on a calculator and then plug those percentages into hardness formula. I would go to the computer and just use the alloy calculator but one can do it as normal math.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    OS X is I think compatible with Open Office and Calc in Open Office will open and work the calculator from bumpo (thanks bumpo!) and mostly on iPad is not the same as must use iPad. You figure out a recipe with the calculator. Go put those ingredients in the pot in the amounts entered in the calculator. I use a laptop to run calculator but I sure don't carry it out to my melting and smelting area! Most recipes are only 2 to 4 ingredients. I just put different values in and watch the summary until I get the alloy ratio I want.

Oh and there is a formula for hardness that the calculator uses printed on the bottom, comes from Rotometals a foundry source so probably petty accurate, you can do percentages on a calculator and then plug those percentages into hardness formula. I would go to the computer and just use the alloy calculator but one can do it as normal math.
    Cool thanks! I downloaded an app called office suite that claimed xls compatibility and sure enough it works great. Totally awesome thanks and thanks to bumpo

Boolit Master
    I love this calculator easy to add custom alloys too.
    Thank you Bumpo