Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Remington #5 Rolling Block Action ...

Banned

Remington #5 Rolling Block Action ...

i believe these are the 1901-3 (or so) smokeless actions the remington built and are considered their "strongest"?

anyhoo, aside from pedersoli i dunno who's making good roller actions these dayze, with the demise of lone star and the passing of david higginbotham. looking to make a BPCR build and would like to know more about roller actions and what's out there these dayze. any info/links much appreciated.

r.

Boolit Mold
    Me too! Rollers rule.

Banned

indeed, sir!

Husqvarna. If you really want to have a neat rifle see if you can find one of their model 33s. I've been looking for years and haven't found one yet, but I know the right one is out there. Actually did find a good one once, but couldn't afford it at the time.

Boolit Buddy
    Look up Remington rolling block parts on goggle they have complete actions listed both #1s and #5s. $350/ $400 respectively. A good cadaver will cost that or more on Gone Broker.
    The threads on the #5 (7X57) barrels have 1.052 thread diameter so watch the profile on the barrel you chose. A #3 1/2 Winchester profile is as small as practical with this action.
    WW

Banned

i've had a call into kenn since last week. seems he's stuck in alaska right now due to weather issues, but we'll talk for sure. seems like the way to go for a good rem #5, and the $400+ ain't too bad.

Super Moderator

...........Another excellent source is Curt at Hardcastle Machine: http://www.hardcastlecustommachine.com/

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance