RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: 10.35x47r ITALIAN VETTERLI: Cheap and easy.

Boolit Buddy

10.35x47r ITALIAN VETTERLI: Cheap and easy.

I did a search, and no one else seems to do it this way, so I thought I might post this.

Guy on "Etsy" forms brass from 8x50r Lebel. Well annealed, shoulder forms on firing. After the first firing I trim if needed with a Lee 44-40 cutter.

Neck size and decap on Lee 41 Swiss die set. Midway has these. You also need the Lee #17 shell holder, the provided one is too small for the Lebel rim. Prime, then run into a Lee universal flare die just a touch.

Fill with appropriate amount of BP. I use 60 grains OE 3f.

Use the Lee 430-310 bullet mold. This drops from my alloy at .426 just ahead of the first crimp goove, .428 on the driving bands. I dip lube it in a tuna can of 90/10 beeswax/olive oil. Unsized, no gas check.

Seat and very lightly crimp in the 2nd groove, using the 41 swiss die.

Run into a Lee 303 Brit sizing die to taper the case into the bullet. I got a RGB 303 set for under $20, then ground off maybe a 10th" of the die base to get the taper I wanted.

These load slick and easy from the Vitali Magazine, the 1st 4 went into 3" at 100 yards. I've got about 4 firings on these cases now, they work great. 1886 Vetterli-Vitali with a beautiful mirror bore.

In Remembrance
    Some good tips there! I have made cases from both the 8mm Lebel and the Win. 348. The Lebel is easier. The Vitali case is a bit longer than the Swiss Vetterli so you have to distinguish between them, keep them separate (I have both rifles).
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master
    If you searched, then you may find my way easier. No sizing in many loads with BP, proper size heeled bullet from Accurate mold dip lubed and seated on top of a case full of 2f, crimp from the top using a Lee .405 Win FCD (case will not fit proper way). Basically, fill it up, seat bullet, crimp, shoot. Many will not chamber a round with a bore sized bullet because of the original heeled bullet cartridge. I use some old military 8mm Lebel i had lying around converted to shotgun primers.
    Back in the land of boolits.