Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Wtb 6.5 creedmoor brass/bullets and .243 brass

Boolit Bub

Wtb 6.5 creedmoor brass/bullets and .243 brass

Hey guys looking if anybody has some 6.5 creedmoor brass for sale or a quantity of nosler 6.5mm rdf 140gr bullets.

Also looking for some .243 brass if anybody has any for a good price. I may try to make it out of .308 but so far I haven't been able to.

BTW, Starline now has 6.5 Creedmoor large and small primer brass...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Im looking for some once fired or not needed stuff I just purchases 200 new hornady and that stuff ain't cheap. The lapua is even crazier but I hear it's good stuff. Have not heard anything on the starline.

FWIW... I make most of my 6.5 CM brass from .308 - the three "tricks" are:
    1) Use Black Hills Match .308 brass if available - side note: new Winchester brass is too soft and will collapse
    2) Apply a generous amount of Mobil 1 motor oil in the necks - I use a Q-Tip
    3) Purchase the Worlds Finest Trimmer (Made by Little Crow Gunworks) - makes trimming to size worth the effort.
    Hope that helps
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier View Post
    1) Use Black Hills Match .308 brass if available - side note: new Winchester brass is too soft and will collapse
    3) Purchase the Worlds Finest Trimmer (Made by Little Crow Gunworks) - makes trimming to size worth the effort.
    Hope that helps

I considered making it but usually I'm pretty short on time as I only do shooting related activities while back home on leave. Plus I think that making it myself I just can't match hornady brass quality or if I really had money lapua quality. But Thankyou for the suggestion.

Also untill recently I had nothing but a cheap lee press that I couldn't even form .243 brass on. now I have a rcbs rock chucker and I'm going to see if I can even do .243 brass.

Banned
    How much 243 brass you looking for?

Boolit Mold
    I have 283 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor brass, most likely once fired as they came from an indoor range, make me an offer and include the cost of a USPS medium Flat rate box which I beleive is $13.10

Boolit Bub
    Thankyou Bulletbaron for the offer I sent you a pm and hopefully we can come to an agreement.

Hope that helps
    Is it even worth trying to make it out of LC brass? I have so much of that it's ridiculous. I know it's not going to be "precision" by any means, I just don't want to get into another caliber unless I can do it somewhat on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Is it even worth trying to make it out of LC brass? I have so much of that it's ridiculous. I know it's not going to be "precision" by any means, I just don't want to get into another caliber unless I can do it somewhat on the cheap.
    I've converted both Lake City and FC military spec brass. As far as "precision" goes, once its been fire formed, its pretty decent brass in my opinion. Just check the neck thickness so your don't over pressure your load.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

I've converted both Lake City and FC military spec brass. As far as "precision" goes, once its been fire formed, its pretty decent brass in my opinion. Just check the neck thickness so your don't over pressure your load.
    Interesting, and thank you. I've looked into it a little bit, but now I'm more interested. Thank you again!

Boolit Bub
    Good note on reminding me about the neck thickness I have a .295 neck reamer so I would have to neck turn when converting from .308

Boolit Buddy

if you still want 243 brass I have 98 pcs of brand new stuff, PM me.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Boolit Man
    I just tried to stuff 150 pieces 243 win brass in a sfrb. I can tape it shut.
    Most all is brass, though a few is nickel.

It is 1x, 2x, 3x fired.
    Some is shiny and some is tarnished.

$27.00 shipped.

check, cash, postal money order, paypal if you pay the fees
    Last edited by HawkEyeEarl; 08-26-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Thanks
    HawkEye