Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Powder Coating Bullets >>> (ULTRA LOW HEAT) <<< ELVIS AMMO Method

Boolit Bub
    I learned how to cast and PC watching all of those folks and backing up their direction with information on this forum. A big thanks to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    The guy comes off as an inbred with a par-golf I.Q.
    This is exactly spot on. Droning on and on.
    If you want to lower your I.Q. watch an Elvis Ammo video
    You are a real piece of work . . . aren't you?

Rather than spreading your vile in my thread, try this instead . . . "Hit your ignore button".

Thanks & don't come back . . . c h a r l i e
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Any news from Elvis on this new method?

Boolit Bub
    Newbie here. I have watched the Elvis Ammo videos. I wonder if you put the PC boolits in the freezer for a few days if it would help the BHN. There was a guy in California that built hi-perforance transmissions and he would treat the aluminum cases with dry ice for 24 hours. I know the Nascar teams send a lot of their parts out to be CYRO (sp) treating which I believe to be with liquid nitrogen. Just throwning this out as a different idea. Any thoughts. Don

Banned
    Welcome to CB sagebrush rebel,
    I believe I read somewhere that after the initial water quenching cold doesn't speed up hardening. It's a molecular process.

Boolit Master
    The problem I see here is some poor newbie is going to watch this, try it, then start bad mouthing powder coating when he get the poor results we know is going to happen. Properly curing a polymer is a physical reaction brought on by time and temperature. If it didn't make any difference then why would the manufactures specify time & temp for their products? I give the guy kudos for being willing to try something new, but this isn't new.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Playing Elvis at 2x is even better, it really illustrates the long pauses between phrases.
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master
    I really don't know why the fascination so many have with Elvis. As far as I am concerned this is a guy that is late to the party and is putting out information that is contrary to the proper use of polymers. I have been powder coating for over 6 years. I can process far more bullets faster than I will ever have time to shoot and the bullets I make are about as good as it gets. There is a world of good information on this site from those that have been doing it right for a very long time.

Boolit Master
    Most of the guys on youtube aren't about proper information. It is about making money before youtube took the money away.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Bub
    You guys ragging on Elvis got any informational videos that would help us folks out to do it your way?

Banned

I like WiederladerTV
    He is a member here
    Also Fortune Cookie 45
    Regardless, we were doing it here first, as noted
    The info here is best, but videos are enjoyable

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    I really don't know why the fascination so many have with Elvis. As far as I am concerned this is a guy that is late to the party and is putting out information that is contrary to the proper use of polymers. I have been powder coating for over 6 years. I can process far more bullets faster than I will ever have time to shoot and the bullets I make are about as good as it gets. There is a world of good information on this site from those that have been doing it right for a very long time.
    To be fair not all of his videos are about PC.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    You guys ragging on Elvis got any informational videos that would help us folks out to do it your way?
    Ok, here is a YouTube video I posted named "Ram Checker - Freechex IV Gas Check Tool" https://youtu.be/R5sIuzphTEk

Older videos apparently were automatically deleted when Google took over and I haven't had the time or inclination to repost.

If YouTube has stopped paying for videos maybe some of the **** can be eliminated. Youtube is a great idea, but finding any useful information takes a lot of time. Not saying information posted here is the greatest, but if you want to PC bullets you can find everything you need to know to do it right.

Boolit Buddy
    watching Elvis and Fountain cookie 45 is what got me into casting again. they do a bunch of stuff. I still run my temps at 370 with a PID for 18 minutes and they work great, pass all the test. I also use Eastwood , Smokes and PPG powders, never tried the cheap powder, don't know if that makes a difference.

Boolit Man
    Has anyone tried using the low heat method with Smokes? I've been doing temps of 275 for 15 minutes with various Eastwood powders, but thinking of trying Smokes when I run out. Want to know if this method works with it, since I've found it saves me a lot of time and do not want to go back to standing up bullets which takes forever.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Ok, here is a YouTube video I posted named "Ram Checker - Freechex IV Gas Check Tool" https://youtu.be/R5sIuzphTEk

Older videos apparently were automatically deleted when Google took over and I haven't had the time or inclination to repost.

If YouTube has stopped paying for videos maybe some of the **** can be eliminated. Youtube is a great idea, but finding any useful information takes a lot of time. Not saying information posted here is the greatest, but if you want to PC bullets you can find everything you need to know to do it right.
    Thanks, good video. I was subscriber number 4 for your channel of one video:

We need to see some more from you sir!

Boolit Master
    OK, for all who poo-poo the powder coating manufacturer's curing instructions because who knows more about polymer physics tha "Elvis", let me say this. The "smash test" is NOT a good indicator of the performance of Powder coating! The smash test only indicates the elasticity of the polymer and the bond to the metal substrate. The smash test tells you nothing as to the hardness of the polymer.

It is the toughness and hardness of the polymer derived from a proper cure that creates the jacket that protects the barrel, resist the tork of spin-up, seals and resists the high temperature to prevent gas cutting. To obtain the hardness and durability of the polymer you should cure as per manufacturer's specifications. Is there some wiggle room "Yes", but I don't know what it is, as it would vary with the type of polymer and its additives.

If you think "Partial Cure" is good enough I would suggest doing the "Scrape Test" by taking a razor scraper held at a 90 degree angle and scrap the PC surface. Don't be surprised to see a layer of removed polymer. I guess this is okay with Elvis, but this is not what I choose to put down my gun's barrel.

Banned

Pretty much ^^^

Boolit Bub
    Sounds like some powder coat curing testing videos are in order?

Hows the old saying go? A picture is worth a thousand words. Whats a moving picture worth?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I like WiederladerTV
    He is a member here
    Also Fortune Cookie 45
    Regardless, we were doing it here first, as noted
    The info here is best, but videos are enjoyable
    I tend to use video as a last resort information source except for those things where I need to actually see the physical relationships of things or observe a sequence, etc. The main reason is because in the time it takes to watch a five minute video I could have read anywhere from 5-10 blog or forum posts. To me video is like when your favorite song is on the middle of the album and you are listening to a cassette. You either have to fast forward or put up with a lot of extra noise.

Now when I replaced my iPhone battery the videos were fantastic.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast