Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Powder Coating Bullets >>> (ULTRA LOW HEAT) <<< ELVIS AMMO Method

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Kudo's to him for experimenting but iff'n it aint broke I ain't gonna mess with it. If my PC rounds start having issues then I'll revisit the ol' drawing board.
    Yep, i cast a pile o' 155 hp and 115 9mm yesterday and i endd up having time to coat. Got them drying for a week or two after water dropping. 400 degrees for 20 min. Worked fine

Boolit Master
    Nothing has been said about Elvis 'Proving' anything
    You're the one that said Elvis was addressing the loss of BHN. My point simply was without a test of a before and after BHN test, nothing was addressed or proven. Sorry if my posts upsets you because the guy is your friend and nothing I said was negative about Elvis, but the video proved nothing about the loss of BHN when powder coating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slide View Post
    You got to hand it to the guy. He is trying to find better ways. And he shares what he finds. Very admirable.(hope I spelled that right)
    https://www.grammarly.com/ has a free grammar and spelling checker. My spelling isn't the greatest and my fingers don't always do what they are told. Now I don't need to proffread everything before submitting.

About PC bake time Smoke and many manufacturers recommend 15 min in an oven preheated to 400*, a little longer is good insurance if you're not sure about your oven temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohon View Post
    You're the one that said Elvis was addressing the loss of BHN. My point simply was without a test of a before and after BHN test, nothing was addressed or proven. Sorry if my posts upsets you because the guy is your friend and nothing I said was negative about Elvis, but the video proved nothing about the loss of BHN when powder coating.
    OK...lemme say it slowly so you comprehend...

"Elvis only commented in this video that he'd already done the BHN test prior to this recording. He gave BHN numbers before and after and was very specific...mentioning his Pb blend and everything...don't get your panties in a wad...just pay better attention when you watch a video and you won't be such a spectacle!

Adderessing and proving are two different things...I take him at his word since I've seen him do BHN test before, he's quite capable and has the equipment to perform the tests...just stating the facts.
    Last edited by OS OK; 08-28-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    OK...lemme say it slowly so you comprehend...

"Elvis only commented in this video that he'd already done the BHN test prior to this recording. He gave BHN numbers before and after and was very specific...mentioning his Pb blend and everything...don't get your panties in a wad...just pay better attention when you watch a video and you won't be such a spectacle!
    dont make me pay attention! I refuse!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Ha! You Bum...you better keep your head on a swivel for 'high water'! Hope you and family are high and dry!

Boolit Master
    Well....first of all, unlike you I don't wear panties but I assure you my shorts are never in a wad. If he did in fact mention what you say then I missed it and that is my fault. Truth is I skipped over parts of the video because watching someone spend 17 minutes of constant redundancy saying what could easily be covered in 2-3 minutes is like fingernails on a blackboard. Though it will be painful, at least for me, I'm gonna listen to his entire 17 minute spill to see just what I did miss. I really have nothing against the man though I don't hold him on the high pedestal as some do. So, for that reason I'll refrain from every saying anything about the man here on this site. I assume that will keep the pantie wads from occurring...

Good man...right attitude too, impressive...some people actually recover from Attention Deficit Syndrome.

You don't have to refrain from commenting on Elvis, he's a big boy, can take it...just make sure you have your ducks in a row first.

Boolit Master
    Round two, wheel weight alloy, prismatic hot rod blue powder. 160 grain NOE keith hollow base bullet. Winchester cases, Winchester small pistol primers,3.4 grains of Unique(same as first batch). Baked for 13 minutes at 260 F. Still saw flaking. acetone took the powder coat right off. Leading but not bad, did however have some streaking,wasn't lead so I assume it may be powder coat. Cleaned barrel with brush wrapped in chore boy. Really couldn't tell what the streaking was. When shooting I noticed more smoke that usual and a smell. Reminded me of hi-tek when the coating is not cured completely. Couldn't retrieve any fired bullets. The berm where I shoot is pretty grown up and when I got close a rattler let me know he didn't want me in his territory. I never could spot him so he lived to rattle another day. I have shot bullets with the same powder coat cured for twenty minutes at 400 F and no problems. Maybe it is something I am missing or doing wrong. I don't think I will invest any more time with it.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Been tried before, doesn't work. If it won't pass the acetone (solvent) test it will leave junk in the barrel. It cures after the boolit leaves the barrel and you get to pound the junk out. There are some low-temp powders used for architectural (pretty) coating but not durable. HiTek does the same and is real fun to get out.
    edit: my bad, PC will never pass acetone test, only HiTek.
    Last edited by popper; 09-02-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like I got lucky. This stuff came out pretty easy I saved some of it and looked at it under magnification. Saw some blue so it was the powder coat. If Elvis reads these posts don't let it discourage you. Keep on choogling!!!

Boolit Bub
    ...If you are one of the fellas complaining about Elvis's slow speech...( Set your 'playback' speed to 1.25 and he'll move right along.)

here's the link . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0awdqw9WCI
    Thanks for posting this! I seen the video that he linked back to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Laich View Post
    upping the playback does wonders for this
    Learn something everyday. That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Man, I sure hope the day never comes that I have to carry to Powder Coat. He must live in a real bad area.
    Hmm. I've heard that some folks carry ALL the time, powder coating or not.

He's serious about this low temp., evidently he's talked to some powder company and has samples coming to test.
    No leading so far, he says...and a video update is out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqyKplEEPw . . . LOW TEMP. Powdercoating Method (UPDATE)

Boolit Master
    Popper nailed it. What he is checking out is low temp powder. It cures at a lower temp but needs longer cooking times (all may not be like that but the ones I looked at did). Who knows it may be the answer to the quest he is on. I hope he finds the Holy Grail of B.H.N.

He's serious about this low temp., evidently he's talked to some powder company and has samples coming to test.
    No leading so far, he says...and a video update is out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqyKplEEPw . . . LOW TEMP. Powdercoating Method (UPDATE)
    Pretty cool that he mentioned you by name, Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Pretty cool that he mentioned you by name, Charlie.
    He's the fella that tested those .38 Special snubbie HP 'turbo prop's' I made in his gel. I thought it awful nice of him to do that for me and we have been Y-Tube friends ever since. There's a inside group of Tubers that are pretty good fellas. They all know each other and communicate via their channels back and fourth...now one of them started the 'coffee chats', think it was Johnny's Reloading Bench, not sure but now they all do it...some of it is interesting depending on the format.
    These ole boys are taking the Tube to new levels, they're pretty creative.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gohon View Post
    Well....first of all, unlike you I don't wear panties but I assure you my shorts are never in a wad. If he did in fact mention what you say then I missed it and that is my fault. Truth is I skipped over parts of the video because watching someone spend 17 minutes of constant redundancy saying what could easily be covered in 2-3 minutes is like fingernails on a blackboard. Though it will be painful, at least for me, I'm gonna listen to his entire 17 minute spill to see just what I did miss. I really have nothing against the man though I don't hold him on the high pedestal as some do. So, for that reason I'll refrain from every saying anything about the man here on this site. I assume that will keep the pantie wads from occurring...
    The guy comes off as an inbred with a par-golf I.Q.
    This is exactly spot on. Droning on and on.
    If you want to lower your I.Q. watch an Elvis Ammo video

He's the fella that tested those .38 Special snubbie HP 'turbo prop's' I made in his gel. I thought it awful nice of him to do that for me and we have been Y-Tube friends ever since. There's a inside group of Tubers that are pretty good fellas. They all know each other and communicate via their channels back and fourth...now one of them started the 'coffee chats', think it was Johnny's Reloading Bench, not sure but now they all do it...some of it is interesting depending on the format.
    These ole boys are taking the Tube to new levels, they're pretty creative.
    Yeah I watch pretty much all of the inside group's stuff. Johnny's Reloading Bench (who I think has the best reloading channel going), Elvis, Bacon, and 45LC. All a bunch of knowledgeable and good guys. I went ahead and supported Johnny on patreon. His content is worth a couple bucks a month to me, and now that YouTube is killing advertisement revenue for the reloading channels, seems like a good way to keep him going.

Elvis might talk slow, but it's easy to see he's a clever, intelligent, and innovative guy. I'm glad he's around.

IIRC Felix stated alloy above 200F for a few minutes will drop the BHN & WD won't fix it. I don't see any reason for low temp PC, just cook at 400F for an hour and WD. Solves problem.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Yeah I watch pretty much all of the inside group's stuff. Johnny's Reloading Bench (who I think has the best reloading channel going), Elvis, Bacon, and 45LC. All a bunch of knowledgeable and good guys. I went ahead and supported Johnny on patreon. His content is worth a couple bucks a month to me, and now that YouTube is killing advertisement revenue for the reloading channels, seems like a good way to keep him going.
    Elvis might talk slow, but it's easy to see he's a clever, intelligent, and innovative guy. I'm glad he's around.

I think that 'Loads of Bacon' has them all beat hands down when it comes to HP's, gel testing, velocity and Pb blends. I never saw anyone who could post more details than James!
    Of course as the subjects change...who knows who will be on top by next month? Those channels are starting to rival this forum and it being video takes it over the top.
    Plenty of information being exchanged in the comment section and ever now and then a new face appears with another good channel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast