Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Road Trip!

Boolit Grand Master

Road Trip!

Good chance I'll have some time on my hands very soon, thinking very seriously about an extended road trip! I have some casting and other shooting (and non-shooting) projects to get a handle on but my recent road trips have been way too short. May even get to spend a bit of time here, been too busy with old books and Winchesters for several months. I need to spend some time in Cody and Raton before hunting season starts. Good chance I'll spend a bit more time at the club working on my shotgun skills. Need to get a roof on my shop and finish the inside the way I want it. Could be fun!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Where you planning on traveling to?

Boolit Grand Master

I spent a few days in Cody, Wyoming and a day in Raton last month, I hated leaving both places. Lots of places I wanted to stop along the way, just no time in a tight itinerary. I was up in Cody for a Winchester collector show and spent most of the time at the show. There are a couple of collector shows in the next few months in Oklahoma and even here in Texas. I don't have a table at either show (yet) but I'm considering it. I'd like to take a close look at the Adobe Walls site and would like to follow up on my Texas Independence tour of San Antonio, Goliad and Gonzales with a bit more time in that area.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, it's on! Walked out of my job today after nine years; told them I'd been lied to and lied about and couldn't work under those conditions.
    Working on an itinerary and tying up a few loose ends.

Boolit Master

Good on you, Mate! Poor management abounds (as an old Mgmt Consultant (me!)would say). and it is up to the owners to correct it. If they don't, folks walk. If enough folks walk, mgmt might get a clue...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master
    Must be nice to be able to drive to different states.
    Go to different Gunshows around the country.
    We have to catch a plane to see anything new.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    As a consolation you certainly have some beautiful scenery there in HI.

Banned

been probably 10 years since ive been to Cody. Wish the old body could handle the trip again!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    been probably 10 years since ive been to Cody. Wish the old body could handle the trip again!
    I wish you could, too. Many exhibits have changed, many more guns on display downstairs in a sliding rack and drawer system. I think you'd enjoy it immensely. Beautiful little town in a beautiful state.
    It's occurred to me that I do have one regret about leaving my job. I left my Home Depot bucket by the tire machine with 10-15 lbs of used wheelweights inside.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Thats why the wife and I moved out of Alaska. And we have never regretted our decision to do so.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Raton is one of my favorite towns. Used to be one of my favorite gunshops there too; BJ's Shooting Shack. I bought my CH Heavyweight Champ press there, several years ago. Last year we camped at Whittington Center and a good time was had.