WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: disappointed in Marlin......

Too many TV watchers here. It's adaptive Intelligence, not artificial. It's NOT in CNC machines but is in your car. It has a very good purpose and works very well. Without the CNC we wouldn't get good moulds from Accurate & NOE. QC occurs on the ASSEMBLY line where real workers chuck the bad parts and get a good one. Until you get fired by the line boss who will get fired if he has too many rejects. If the extractor is anything like the 30/30 one, it's a supplier problem. Bean counters that cheat get caught. Machinists that gripe about the 3D printers need to consider the projects that would NOT occur if not for the printers. If it costs $40K per try for a part vs $1k, you end up filling to fit.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    There are CNC operators and there are CNC machinists.There is difference.Quality of the QC operation is important as well.

Yes, technology is GREAT.....BUT, I personally would not trade one good machinist on his lathe and mill for 100 CNC driven machines. Yes they are capable of fantastic work, if the set up is right. Garbage in, garbage out just like in programming....oh wait, that WOULD be programming!! I like the old ways, yes, I am a dinosaur!!

Super Moderator

............Odd. My 38-55 model 1893 Marlin made in 1908 hasn't given me any problems at all, and it's OLD. Works every time

...........Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Super Moderator

..............Speaking of CNC, a good friend used to run the night shift for a small plant just south of me. They had a big order for door latches for Aluet or Alluett (French helicopter outfit). Two well paid people are the programmer and the tool setter in CNC operations. My pal Bob was the night foreman but he was the one who got his rear end reamed as the entire shift's production was trash.

He didn't write the code, and he didn't set up the tools in the machines. Everything went swimmingly. No 1/4" end mills failing to retract and dragging 4" @ 3/8" deep though the blanks to another position, but they were junk regardless. Someone has to be blamed. He was convenient

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123