Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weak hands/HiPoint

Boolit Master
    I know that cosmetics were not a consideration in your modification, but I think it makes the pistol LOOK better, also. Improving the looks of a Hi-Point is neither difficult (because they start out so ugly), nor usually worth the bother, but in this case, I think it's a true spillover benefit.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Thanks! Sadly I can't cast boolits for it for a month or so but found out it likes 4.3 grs Titegroup and the Hornady 124 fmjfp. I want to shoot groups later today with it.
    Hohum no jams yet. My other handguns are jealous while I play with the step kid haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My alibi is a torn bicep but it's minute of bad guy for sure. Six shots to test the load.

I got the 10 shot mag and it went on a tractor ride. Empy chamber of course.
    I shot the ten through a dead elm about 15' away. This project is complete.

Boolit Master

I had a 9 MM Hi Point some years ago. It ate everything with aplomb. Heavy and ugly it was but it made a great car gun with one of those magnet type holders screwed to the underside of the dash near the steering wheel. I sold it off when I was in desperate financial straits one day and I have regretted it since. The only two guns that I have sold that went without regrets was a Llama 380 that looked like a mini 1911 and a full sized Ruger BH in 45 Colt. The Llama was not fun to shoot at all as the recoil was nasty and very snappy. It actually hurt my hand. The Ruger never sat right in my grip and also was uncomfortable for me. Those two are gone and forgotten. However I still miss that old 9 MM Hi POint. It was accurate, reliable and cheap. It was so ugly that it grew on me.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

I'll not hesitate to get another one or four for "car gun" duties. I put both magazines into a 2" group offhand at twenty feet yesterday. I'd hate to have to carry one much because of the weight but I'd be well armed at least.

They not that hard to find at fairly reasonable prices in pawn shops. Be prepared to walk away till they come down on price.

If I was going to carry I would choose something lighter.
    But the Hipoint C9 will put them where you need them.

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez Texas by God's mod looks Factory Orginal to me! Nice Job!
    100 years from now the some auction house will have this rare collectable Hi Point for $1,000 +++

Moderator Emeritus

Well since they are hard to destroy yup! I have watched some of the destructive testing YouTube vids!

Quote Originally Posted by GONRA View Post
    GONRA sez Texas by God's mod looks Factory Orginal to me! Nice Job!
    100 years from now the some auction house will have this rare collectable Hi Point for $1,000 +++

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Well since they are hard to destroy yup! I have watched some of the destructive testing YouTube vids!
    I just watched that video. My favorite was when he threw the unloaded pistol at the target!
    I've had expensive pistols I wanted to do that to.......

Boolit Bub
    I put a carbine on my list. Haven't decided on 9 or 45.

I'm probably the only guy that would like the carbine in .357 SIG. That round in the carbine would cook!

Dirtyjack I started with the .40sw Hipoint carbine. The Wife shot it, loved it, loved the red dot sight. So simple, so intuitive, so quick on target. But she wanted one that did not "bump her shoulder so hard" They make one like that she asked?

Why yes they do, and 2 weeks later we were back at the range zeroing in the 9mm. Which I promptly fell in love with. Lower recoil, muzzle blast, which really did not bother me in the .40sw.
    But it had a much tighter cone of dispersion. Was more accurate for longer ranges. So when I was offered another 9mm Hipoint Carbine by the RSO for a reasonable price I snapped it up. This one had the old solid stock, but I don't think it had more than a single box of 9mm through it.

Eventually my shooting buddy wore me down and I allowed him to steal it off me for what I had into it.

One advantage of the 9mm's, you can get a GOOD 20 round mag from Red Ball, designed for and approved by Hipoint. Looks a little funny, has a boomarang curve in the middle. But it works perfectly.

With the .45acp your limited to 9 rounds.

So after months and months of having those 3 it trickled into me that I really wanted one in .45acp. Don't know that I needed it, but I wanted it. I wanted the set.

So eventually it happened, and I put a good 2x Red Dot sight on it.

That girl at 20 foot pistol range when I was sighting it in put 5 in one whole the size of my thumbnail. Yeah I am VERY happy with it.

It has a little recoil, I need to move the sight forward an inch or two. It has a tendancy to hit my ball cap when it recoils and gives my head a little whack. No direct contact, not as bad as being scoped, but not a whole lot of fun either.

This girl just OOZES confidence.

230 gr .452 Truncated Cone Lee mold, 6 cavity. So keeping up with ammo is no sweat.
    Moderate loads of Red Dot makes it cheap to shoot.

Accept it, you'll want BOTH a 9mm and a .45acp carbine. Give into the dark side.
    They may be ugly, mine are hanging on the wall, inside a soft case, covered by winter coats.
    Can't see em at all. Cases are about half unzipped. If you know what is there you can reach right in and slip it right out of there. Always stored with bolt locked open and a full mag. One jerk and your ready to rock and roll.

I sleep good at night, yeah I'm an old shotgun farm boy. But if it came to a real fight? I think it would be me and the Hipoint .45acp I'd go with.

Moderator Emeritus

You had an original planet of the apes HiPoint! They have been going up in price because not that many were made!

Yes I did, and bought it for 200$ cash, sight unseen.

Guy offered, I accepted, paid him the 200$ cash, next time I went to the range the gun was there waiting for me.

And I sold it for 250$ which did not cover the cost of the Red Dot sight I put on it much less the 20 round Red Ball Magazine I let him have. Things we do for our friends.

I actually liked it, I prefered that smooth stock. Considered building a wood stock for it to see if I could get rid of some of the Ugly. But seemed like a big job and not much to gain at the far end.

Boolit Master

I simply have to get a Hi-Point in .45 ACP for my truck. Leaving a grands worth of Browning Hi-Power clamped onto a magnet under the steering wheel when I park my vehicle does give me some worry.

Leaving a $175 Hi-Point behind would be no great loss. However having it ready to go and loaded with Federal's Hydra-Shok boolits of 230 Gr and some extra mags could really be a life saver.

I usually pack my concealed firearm at 4 o'clock on my right side. But that is not so good for a fast draw when seated and wearing a seat belt. That is the reason for the Hi-Point mounted under the steering wheel.

It is out of sight but very accessible to me when needed. I know it will go bang. I can hit something with it at 15 yds. I know the Federal round will achieve 96% in stopping power and give somebody a very bad day.

The only real downside to the Hi Point is the conveluted and unfamiliar takedown for cleaning.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

They do go bang and are reliable. It's just that the trigger is so hard to pull I had to develop a 2 finger trigger pull. Seriously. Right index finger over left index finger 2 hand grip!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Moderator Emeritus

Cleaning? You clean your HiPoint? One of my C9's(I have 3 scattered around the house) has about 4k rounds through it and all I have done is run a patch down the barrel a few times. Might take it down at 5k rounds... maybe... other 2 are only at 1k rounds, got them when they were traded in after the guy had them a week. He couldn't get the magazine to feed right... 2 minutes with a pair of needle nose pliers and the mags were fixed(bend the feed lips). Of the 3 none had had a FTF or FTE. Had one dud cartridge, someone forgot to deprime it before reloading OOPS! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Corrigan View Post
    I simply have to get a Hi-Point in .45 ACP for my truck. Leaving a grands worth of Browning Hi-Power clamped onto a magnet under the steering wheel when I park my vehicle does give me some worry.

Leaving a $175 Hi-Point behind would be no great loss. However having it ready to go and loaded with Federal's Hydra-Shok boolits of 230 Gr and some extra mags could really be a life saver.

I usually pack my concealed firearm at 4 o'clock on my right side. But that is not so good for a fast draw when seated and wearing a seat belt. That is the reason for the Hi-Point mounted under the steering wheel.

It is out of sight but very accessible to me when needed. I know it will go bang. I can hit something with it at 15 yds. I know the Federal round will achieve 96% in stopping power and give somebody a very bad day.

The only real downside to the Hi Point is the conveluted and unfamiliar takedown for cleaning.

Moderator Emeritus

None of mine have that heavy of a trigger... I would send it back and have it fixed. It is a lifetime no matter what warranty and you get a free mag back with it! Doesn't matter if you bought it used, found it on the road after a semi drove over it... lifetime warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    They do go bang and are reliable. It's just that the trigger is so hard to pull I had to develop a 2 finger trigger pull. Seriously. Right index finger over left index finger 2 hand grip!

I'm with Mary.

I don't think I have ever cleaned mine yet. Oiled a few parts, pull a dry patch through the bore to remove loose powder carbon and that is it.

Like her I had one mag that was iffy, and 5 minutes of comparing it to the ones that worked well showed the difference. 30 seconds with needle nose pliers and it works as good as the rest now.

I think it got dropped full of ammo and landed lips down on a hard surface.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast