Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too many Knives ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    Nothing like bringing a old thread back from the dead
    It wasn't dead, just well aged and mellowed.

Hand mde knives

OK, OK, you guys got me going. I am a hobby knife maker. Picture is a hand forged blade with deer horn handle and brass fittings. It is going with me to NM Elk bowhunting August 29. new sheath that sits at 45 degrees on my left side for a cross draw. My EDC is a TRC Force assisted open, a Small size Swiss 2 1/2 inches long. Last one is a swayback JANN PRIMBLE BELKNAP HDW&MFG. Co.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	From Iphone 118.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	266164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	From Iphone 100.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	266165 Second picture is a few "neck Knives" handmade by yours truly.
    Last edited by OldBearHair; 08-12-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for sharing OBH. I like the style there on that hunting knife.

Boolit Buddy
    Great thread. I’ve enjoyed reading it. I’m like most of the above - I just can’t say “no” to a new knife. I get on knife “kicks”: for a while it was “bushcraft” knives - picked up a few Mora’s, a brutal-to-sharpen Ontario 499, etc. Then I got into pocket knives - Case, Buck, Camillus, Schrade (made in USA - love those companies) mainly trappers and stockmen models (some great double-lockback ones from Boker in there, too).

Then I got into Canadian belt knives. One, especially, has a soft spot in my heart for the time when my then-very-young two sons convinced me to skin, not one, but two, filthy, stinking road-killed raccoons because they wanted them turned into coonskin caps. The icing on the cake was that it was a Sunday morning, and my wife had made us all go to church, and I had the real-deal, absolutely worst hangover of my entire life, ever. We saw the coons by the side of the road on the way home from church. And the Canadian Belt Knive that got the nod that day wasn’t even the Grohmann ones; it was a cheap little Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife! If you haven’t skinned two stinking, bloated, sun-heated raccoons with the worst hangover of your life, you really haven’t lived, and you might have missed an opportunity to really bond with a knife.

Then I found some crazy clearance deals at Cabela’s on Buck 110’s. The original ones, w/ brass/diamondwood (whatever that is). Which got me into Buck 110’s - so now I have the 110LT, the 110 slim Pro (s30V), and even Buck 112, in addition to the 110’s.

My favorite knife is a tossup between two - my Buck Vanguard, that I started with hunting deer way back when, or my Benchmade Auto that I bought at a store off post at Ft. Benning waaaay back when I graduated Jump School. Both terrific knives, and a lot of memories that come flooding back any time I heft either of them.

There are, of course, a bunch that I’m forgetting at the moment.

Knives are wonderful - they connect us to some of the best parts of our lives.

8mmFan

Boolit Master

The Vanguard is a real popular one!!

I was suprised to learn how many love it! I thought it was pretty obscure!! NOPE!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123