Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Saeco #352 in 35 Rem 336 Marlin

Boolit Man

Thumbs up Saeco #352 in 35 Rem 336 Marlin

Actually an Accurate 36-245 S. Casts beautiful .361 bullets of coww +2% tin that I size to .360 with annealed Gator gas checks. Just getting started working up loads with LVR powder but 1900-2000 is easy with good accuracy.If you have wanted to try this bullet go for it! I am sure with a little more work I can do better with accuracy and a little more velocity, but it's a great load right now , factory velocity with a 45 grain heavier bullet. I'll report more later, I have to put my toys away for now and get ready for family vacation.

Super Moderator

............I'd really like to have a levergun in 35 Rem. I'm sure there's one out there with my name on it if I looked The only 35 Rem I have is one I built on a SR Mauser action.

It's a nice cartridge with no pretensions. It's also a wonderous shooter with cast lead

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

If they ever made it, I would like a Marlin 336 Texan in 35 Remington caliber. I am basically shooting a 35 Remington in my 358 Winchester cast loads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Saeco #352 in 35 Rem 336 Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    factory velocity with a 45 grain heavier bullet
    should hit with some authority.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    If they ever made it, I would like a Marlin 336 Texan in 35 Remington caliber. I am basically shooting a 35 Remington in my 358 Winchester cast loads.
    They made it, usually with a 20" barrel. See http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/33...-s-texans.html

My version is the Marauder, made in 64, with straight stock and 16 1/4" barrel. Right handy little rifle.

I had keyholing with my 35 Rem marlin when I went over 230 grains. I only tried H322 but am very interested in your results! LeverEvolution is a great powder for cast and the 35 Rem.

David
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Man
    I started with 38 grains of LVR which gave me an average of 2005 fps. I worked up by .3 grains to 2200 and quit there. No signs of pressure, I just ran out of time and was loosing accuracy. I settled at 38 grains and 2000 fps with good hunting accuracy. I will do some more experimenting when time allows.Accurate 36-245S. Cast of COWW+2% tin at .361, sized and checked to.360 with annealed Gator check and lubed with Winds Wonder Wax. Standard 336 with 20" barrel. This data only tested in my rifle. Start low, work up!

Well you pushed me off the ledge! I am jumping back in to find a good shooting heavier than 220 grain bullet for my marlin 35 Rem. I just so happen to have the NOE 360-230 for my 358 win, so I will try that first.

Thanks for sharing and giving me another reloading project with my 35 Rem.

Boolit Man
    Jones, let me know how it works out. That is a bullet I am interested in also.

Boolit Master
    I have a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington, I love it! I submitted a modified design to Accurate molds some time ago. Take a look at the 36-230F. Its a heavy .35 caliber flat nose design that shoots pretty good in my rifle. I push it with some IMR-3031.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Man
    Sounds good, I'll check it out. I have a 45 and 35 Accurate mold. They are great moulds!

In my Savage 11 JES rebore 358 WIN with the NOE 360230 Ranchdog bullet, I have had really great accuracy with 43 grains of Leverevolution, standard CCI LRP and converted LC brass.

Looking forward to getting some time at the reloading and shooting bench to try out a similar load in my 35 Rem. Thinking about loading around 34-38 grains of Leverevolution in the lever action.

I will let you guys know how it shoots, but could be a few weeks. Headed to Colorado bow hunting soon!

Boolit Man
    Archery moose starts for me on Sept. 1. 35 Rem moose on Sept 10. Good luck!

Boolit Buddy
    2200 fps from a 245gr pill is treading into 358 win territory. I must see if I can buy that powder locally. Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Man
    I didn't get great accuracy at 2200 fps so since moose season starts in 2weeks I backed down to just over 2000 fps to my most accurate load. It still gives you a point and shoot load out to 200 yards and I never shoot longer than that in our woods, usually under 100 yards. Now I just gotta find one of those #*<>~!? Swamp Donkeys!!