Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Kiokee

Boolit Master

Wink Kiokee

Before there was USofA a preacher, Daniel Marshall, crossed the Savannah River from South Carolina and in 1772 established a church on the banks of Kiokee Creek (means good water from the native Euchees) I am blessed to be a member and deacon today at Kiokee Baptist Church, where God has been faithful to his people for a long time. We have an August baptizing in the spring at the "old church."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	202280
    This is actually the 3rd meeting house, built in 1803. We hold Good Friday services here and Easter Sunrise services here at the amphitheater.
    The baptismal pool is the effluence of a hillside spring about 150 yds down the hill behind the church that was blocked up, cold water even in August. 21 souls were buried with Christ today in these waters and raised to a new life.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	202282
    Then a little singing and communion at the amphitheater back up the hill a little way.

Views:	15 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	202283
    For those of you who are not southern baptists you may not be aware of the denominational custom that where ever 3 or more or gathered food is required!
    Today it was home ice cream about 20 folks brought their churned goodness from home. I thought you old timers might appreciate this hit-or-miss John Deere engine set up to churn 10 gallons a clip!

Views:	14 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	202284
    No, churches are not perfect, but today in Appling, Ga. there is one pretty close.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

What a terrific blessing. Thanks Hogtamer.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Thank you I hope one day to see your church in person
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    21 went under ! But That I could have been there ! I was Southern Baptist for 42 years , Independent Baptist now , lol...same doctrine . I loved the twist on where 3 are gathered . Baptists do enjoy celebrating with good food ! Your church is doing something right...keep it up !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Thanks for sharing this blessing and bit of local history.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Tamer! What a wonderful story. My own church was established in 1855. It's on its 4th building now, I believe it is. And each time it's burned, it's gotten bigger! Imagine that! And yes, we still adhere to that "3 or more" rule, at least very often. Our "Seniors dinner" is tomorrow, so it'll be YOUR turn to be envious of ME! HAR!