Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: "Tuning" costs

"Tuning" costs

I only have access to a Drill Press a Dremel and lots of hand tools but I am able to "tune" all of my PCP's and springers thus far. My questions - How many guys actually pay MORE to have a gun tuned then they actually pay for the gun new?
    I came across this ad on the yellow and thought to myself. Before I pay $550 for an MRod and then another $605 to get it tuned I would purchase a Daystate Regal for $999 and shoot circles around it right out of the box.
    Last edited by Repass; 08-29-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Banned
    I do all of my spring guns .it's crazy what I see guys sink into a gun by a known "tuner".
    I'm sure their work is more precise than mine but I'm into the tunes about $80.
    The FWB 124 I got used that David Slade previously tuned was amazing I will say.

Boolit Master

Cant see the need for a tune. My marauder .25 cost 5 strokes of the pump, per shot at over 800 fps.

If more power is needed, a .22 long rifle works just fine.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    I'm a do it myself type. I'd much rather make any mods on my own, but if something required expert fine detail metal work I'd be willing to pay a fair price for the work. "The workman is worth his hire" is an old saying that holds true.

I just cut a deal with a machinist to supply me with an unfinished example of his work (a improved aluminum alloy breech), His stuff is beautifully done but I want to experiment with modifications of my own design so I'd have to refinish it again anyway.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    "I'm a do it myself type. I'd much rather make any mods on my own, but if something required expert fine detail metal work I'd be willing to pay a fair price for the work. "The workman is worth his hire" is an old saying that holds true."

I can't bring myself to pay someone for something I'm able to do myself. I'm just cheap that way. If I screw something up I call it "Learning The Hard Way" but, on break barrel air guns I find that they are easy to "Tune". I also found that "Tuning" an air rifle means different things to different people. In some cases it's just a word used to convince you to give up more of your hard earned money.

And then there are those "Tuners" who really know what they are doing.

HollowPoint