MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Mould Question?

Boolit Buddy

Mould Question?

I have an adjustable PP mould I got a long time ago for my Pedersoli Gibbs .451. My friend, Dan Theodore, did a lot of work with with Joe Hepsworth in those days, helping Joe take the Pedersoli to higher performance levels back when it was just on the scene. They have both passed away now, so I can't get any help there, but I got this mould as an upgrade. It's stamped on the side "500/600 GR" and ".440 PP". On the sprue plate there is a "CH" enclosed in a square-ish box. On one block there is a "D" and an "04" and on the other there is a "D" and an "05". It looks to be pretty well made but I can't remember casting with it. I was shooting swaged PP bullets from BA at the time but may have gotten it because my shooting partner, Dan, was involved.

Anybody have one of these? Remember who made it? Thanks. I've been going through a bunch of moulds lately, cleaning them up and cataloging my collection while fine tuning my photo setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GibbsAdjustable5.jpg   GibbsAdjustable3.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

That looks a lot like my Brooks adjustable cup point mould. mine is 442 with 20-1

Vendor Sponsor

I don't know who made it. It looks to be very well made. Clearly you do not remember who or how you got it or you would not be asking. What diameter does it cast or is it unused? I have a Paul Jones PP mold for my Gibbs and two Brooks molds I used to cast and sell bullets to Joe for resale. I think Dan sold his Gibbs to a friend that shot with us. I will keep names out of this here.
    About 1.425" or less is a good start.
    Chill Wills

Banned
    Looks like you are doing well with your light box also. It's a pleasure to see nice pictures.

Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I just can't remember, although it may have come from a maker in South Africa? But that might be the custom rear sight I have for that rifle. I don't recall casting with it, although I expect I will. Just had other fish to fry and I kinda forgot about it. I've been going through a lot of my moulds lately and a large group I recently inherited. I really like that Gibbs rifle but the matches we were going to shoot with it kinda fizzled out around here and I just moved on to other interests. The mould is marked .440, but it might vary in actuality. I have to heat it up sometime and see what it does. I'm pretty sure the deal on the moulds was arranged by Joe Hepsworth, who was initially the only source for the Gibbs rifles.

Neuman of So. Africa made the tang sights for the Pedersoli Gibbs that Joe sold, miss that man. quality is very good.I still have the rifle and all the toys I bought from him.
    RCE1 if you ever wish to part with that mold I would be interested.

Boolit Buddy
    That's right. Neuman. I got one of the sights from him as well. I still have by Gibbs and really need to get it out for a little exercise sometime soon. Must have been someone else who made the mould, then. I keep thinking the CH in the box stamped on the sprue plate is the key...