RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: FWIW: Paypal and CBD

Boolit Grand Master

FWIW: Paypal and CBD

Christian Book Distributors has been a place I have bought books ever since I was in grad school. It is without a doubt one of the best places to purchase Christian books. I just purchased a commentary (Ben Witherington III Socio-Rhetorical Commentary) and they had to option to pay with PayPal. I chose that option and went through the process only to get a message that this purchase was outside their (PayPal's) values.

No problem, I paid with a credit card, but thought it was worth mentioning this issue here.

Btw, I can highly recommend Witherington's work, this will be the third of this series I have purchased.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Wayne I quit PayPay some time back because of their anti GOD anti gun stance .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

I was going to say unbelievable but I would've misspoken. Used to be business kept their noses out of this stuff and kept to making money. Is there a new business model that suggests excluding a percentage of the population will increase the bottom line? How do board members and shareholders put up with this stuff? More and more I'm shown just how quickly we are becoming a post Christian society.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I removed my Credit Card info from Paypal, deleted my paypal account. And for the next year still had paypal trying to tap into my bank account (on 2 separate occasions)

I worked closely with my local bank, they made good the funds both times. After the last time I told them straight out. I don't do paypal anymore. Next time you take money out of my account for paypal, I'm switching banks.

Have not seen it happen, yet.

I was an early adopter of paypal, and I liked it. But I don't like the way they run their business. So I voted with my feet.

In Remembrance

" are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item"
    Could it have been that it was to be shipped later or from a differant location or vender?
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Banned

Wink

You can hate PayPal's stance on guns (also EBay) but both are in CA ..... any ?s

I use PP all the time because it works.

Whining about PP while typing on you Windows/MAC computer is IMHO kinda stupid.

(I hope I don't have to explain that !)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Wayne I quit PayPay some time back because of their anti GOD anti gun stance .
    I kept it because I do shop eBay at times (three things coming currently!). As far as I know CBD ships from their warehouse - I called them once looking for an out of print book. The guy who answered said "I think I saw that a few weeks ago, let me go check". I was on hold for a good five minutes, he came back on and said "I found three of them, how many do you want?"
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned
    If EVERY member of this site quit PP, it would mean about as much as going out on your front porch and screaming: "I hate PayPal,"

Moderator Emeritus

I never got into using Pay Pal. There was just something about them that seemed "not right." I can't put my finger on it. It was just a simple country boy's "feeling," so .... I never did business with them. And FWIW, I've long noted that those who don't like guns, generally don't like God either. Your experience may differ, but generally, that's been MY experience. They seem to kind'a go together like ham and eggs. FWIW???