Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: And so it began for us

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

And so it began for us

Luke 2;9-16

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
    And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
    And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
    Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
    And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
    And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

And so the prophesy was fulfilled . Our Savior had come . Immanuel , GOD with us . The rest is history , the words , example and sacrifice to pay our debit we could not pay . We say we are his children . Our Lord came to save us and offers a better life lived in his example and eternal life through payment of our sins . He did all he could to save us from ourselves . So ! How are you holding up to your commitment ? Personally I could use a little work .
    No turning back , No turning back !

I'm working on it also, brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Corinthians 12;7-10

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 1 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Our realization of our weakness is our greatest strength if we let our Lord lead . The fools let their weakness lead them , put them in harness ..the bit in their teeth .

Galatians 6

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load.
    Be Generous and Do Good
    6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
    7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
    Glory Only in the Cross
    11 See with what large letters I have written to you with my own hand! 12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom[a] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
    Blessing and a Plea
    16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
    17 From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
    18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Could someone put up relevant verse from James ?

Paul speaks of hardship spreading the gospel . 2 Corinthians 11;16-33

16 Let me say it again. Do not think of me as a fool. But if you do, then let this foolish man speak a little about himself. 17 The Lord has not told me to talk about myself. I am foolish when I do talk about myself like this. 18 Since the other men tell you all about themselves, I will talk about myself also. 19 You are so wise! You put up with fools! 20 You listen to anyone who tells you what to do or makes money off of you or sets a trap for you. You will listen to anyone who makes himself bigger than you or hits you in the face. 21 I am ashamed to say that I am weak! But I do not do as they do. Whatever they say about themselves, I can say about myself also. (I know what I am saying sounds foolish.)
    22 Are they Jews? So am I. Are they from the family of Israel? So am I. Are they from the family of Abraham? So am I. 23 Do they work for Christ? I have worked for Him much more than they have. (I speak as if I am crazy.) I have done much more work. I have been in prison more times. I cannot remember how many times I have been whipped. Many times I have been in danger of death. 24 Five different times the Jews whipped me across my back thirty-nine times. 25 Three times they beat me with sticks. One time they threw stones at me. Three times I was on ships that were wrecked. I spent a day and a night in the water. 26 I have made many hard trips. I have been in danger from high water on rivers. I have been in danger from robbers. I have been in danger from the Jews. I have been in danger from people who do not know God. I have been in danger in cities and in the desert. I have been in danger on the sea. I have been in danger among people who say they belong to Christ but do not. 27 I have worked hard and have been tired and have had pain. I have gone many times without sleep. I have been hungry and thirsty. I have gone without food and clothes. I have been out in the cold. 28 More than all these things that have happened to my body, the care of all the churches is heavy on me. 29 When someone is weak, I feel weak also. When someone is led into sin, I have a strong desire to help him. 30 If I must talk about myself, I will do it about the things that show how weak I am. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is to be honored and thanked forever. He knows I am telling the truth. 32 In the city of Damascus the leader of the people under King Aretas put soldiers at the gates to take me. 33 But I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall and I got away.

Boolit Master

I'm still working out my salvation with fear and trembling.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

The Christmas story will always be, to me at least, the greatest wonder we could ever possibly know in this world as lowly creations of the Master. He gave us everything! And the only thing we have that He won't touch, is our free will. We have to come to Him humbly and seeking His love and acceptance, which He's always lovingly glad to give us. The awe and wonder of God is beyond my, and possibly any of ours, understanding, I believe. All we can do is stand in awe of all that He truly is!

I agree . But it is only a 'Christmas' story in our way of thinking . It was a proclamation of GOD the father that prophecy was fulfilled , our savior had arrived . Emanuel , the new covenant began . Our salvation by Christ's teaching , example and sacrifice gives us the option of eternal life .