Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No eclipse glass

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

No eclipse glass

Here you go

People have also been posting that without the correct filter it will ruin your camera.
    Seems a lots of disagreement on this one. Except you wont get a very good image with a cell phone anyway. So I will pass, we will just watch it on the news.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20915548_1494556337270457_5995613205355702630_n.jpg  
    Last edited by DCP; 08-20-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

or hold a colander over your shoulder, focus on the sidewalk and watch dozens of images.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

I made a eclipse viewer out of a cardboard box , family sized Cheeze-It, Minion variety, low tech is my way! The colander is another cool way to view it .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

wuzzuh sidewalk?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    You can also see the eclipse by looking at some shiny broadleaf bushes.. there will be an image on almost every leaf.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Lady hereabouts plans to use the holes in a Ritz cracker....

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    People have also been posting that without the correct filter it will ruin your camera.
    Seems a lots of disagreement on this one. Except you wont get a very good image with a cell phone anyway. So I will pass, we will just watch it on the news.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Welding glasses, window tint folded over a few times. Heck, even look at a reflected image on something. Plenty of options. Are you telling me no one has ever looked into the sun up to this point? I mean dang. There are plenty of pictures of the sun on my camera in the background. I can't see it hurting thenequipment. Maybe a bad photo. Bunch of nancys running around.

Boolit Master

I'm waiting to see if the "mentally ill" and the Zombies will be affected.

Vendor Sponsor

I did go and get my auto darkening welding hood, I can set it to any shade up to 13 I think, should be good to go, ought to put my phone in there and record through the hood. We are supposed to get 93% here, but you know the internets will be FLOODED with vids and pics for years to come over this one.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I'm waiting to see if the "mentally ill" and the Zombies will be affected.
    You know, while that sounds funny, odd things can happen when odd atmospheric stuff does. I'm gonna stick close to home base. Never know...

Moderator Emeritus

BAD ADVICE do not do this. With the main part of the sun darkened your eyes will open wide, the corona brightness is high enough to sear your retinas. Use proper equipment, use the pinhole trick etc!

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Welding glasses, window tint folded over a few times. Heck, even look at a reflected image on something. Plenty of options. Are you telling me no one has ever looked into the sun up to this point? I mean dang. There are plenty of pictures of the sun on my camera in the background. I can't see it hurting thenequipment. Maybe a bad photo. Bunch of nancys running around.

Boolit Grand Master

Is there a driver that hasn't had to drive looking directly into the full sun? Tinted windshields help, but aren't always enough. It is very uncomfortable but we've all done it.
    In this instance, we have a choice and time to prepare. Don't be foolish and do perminate damage to the only eyes you'll ever have.
    After all, it's only the dark side of the moon, in front of the sun, we're seeing with such interest. We see part of it every time we see the moon unless it's full. The darkness is only a shadow and I stand on mine all the time.
    Last edited by mold maker; 08-21-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

My son and I have a bet on how many thousands will go blind by using faulty methods or fake "eclipse" glasses. Yes, we are a cynical bunch.

Moderator Emeritus

The HECK to all the warnings
    I looked directly into the sun...and took this photo with NO filters
    eclipse happened 10 minutes ago here.
    Attachment 202328
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

No eclipse glass

Looks pretty much the same here. Totality, which is 72% coverage isn't for another twelve minutes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5100.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	202330

Name:	IMG_5094.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	202331

Name:	IMG_5097.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	202332

Some pic's I took of the Eclipse shining through the leaves and shining on the patio. And one of my binoculars that I used to make a viewer.

Boolit Master

I saw it,it's over
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Grand Master

Haven't dealt with any more crazies than usual so far. Peeked at the sun to see the 97% eclipse. Still able to see. Did look through some glasses and was cool to see

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcat View Post
    My son and I have a bet on how many thousands will go blind by using faulty methods or fake "eclipse" glasses. Yes, we are a cynical bunch.
    The wife and I were wondering how many will will stare at it thinking thy will have a religious experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast