Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Exodus 31

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Exodus 31

I was putting up Exodus 31 in the Reading the bible thread up at the top of the Chapel board . Very interesting book . In verses 12-18 God gives a covenant and his expectation of participation of worship .

12 Then the Lord said to Moses, 13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
    14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”
    18 When the Lord finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the covenant law, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    I've always thought of Sunday as a day of rest.I haven't always made it about the lord. And still to this day I fall short in making it about the lord.

Every time I read this verse im reminded of this one

John 8:6-8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. 7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

rl69 I understand , no one here is capable of casting a stone especially me . My plan for today is church , put up some threads/comment here in the Chapel . Visit one nursing home , pm a few on the forum and try to keep GOD on my mind today .

But at the same time I work 6 days a week and Sunday is my only day off . I got house cleaning , the yard to mow , laundry and 'stuff' to get done for the coming week . Our bible tells us if your ox is in the ditch even if it's the Sabbath you need to get him out .

As an aside , it has always been one of the great mysteries of the bible to me what was written in the dust by the finger of our GOD on that day .

Sabbath means rest, when we put our trust in Jesus, let Him work his work, we are observing The Sabbath.

Heb 4:9-11 KJV There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. (11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I isn't about days and times, it's about the love of Christ and Him in you, and you in Him. That however should be a personal choice as the strength of your faith allows.

Rom 14:5-7 KJV One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. (6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. (7) For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Sunday is the first day of the week.

Moderator Emeritus

We are trying to use Sunday as a day of worship and rest....as a rancher sometimes it just does not work out that way!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Yes the finger in the sand is what I was referring to
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I understand .