Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: separated casings

Boolit Man
    No, cleaning is'nt the issue. This whole problem is purely an issue of storing loaded rounds without a bullet seated and having black powder soak r. up moister. I have many casings stored that have been shot with black powder and scrubbed with dish detergent and dried that are in perfect shape. I think I'm on the right track but who knows. I appreciate all of the knowledgeable replies.

Boolit Buddy
    Seat a bullet when you load the case, the the problem goes away.
    WHY would you not seat a bullet????????
    IIRC-This is the first time you stated you left the charged case without bullet so YES, that's the reason.
    LG
    Hav'n you along-Is like lose'n 2 good men

Boolit Man
    OK if you read my very first post it clearly states that there was no bullet seated. the reason for that is when you put your load together you compress your powder and wad to the right depth so when you hand seat a bullet it is the correct O.A.L. for your rifle. in my particular BPCR rifles this leaves exposed lube grooves that are best left in their own dust free environment until its time to use them. I just never realized that black powder would be so damaging to the casings. I learned a good lesson here and thank god it only cost me about $50 bucks worth of casings. I can see how a muzzleloader loaded for a period of time could be destroyed. I do love shooting black and learn more all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12