Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Gander Mountain

Gander Mountain

Closeout sale -get over there. Ruger American 30-06 $210 NEF .223 Handi $189. What they should have been all along. Myself I bought rings/base sets and shirts for $5 each. I'd feel bad if they weren't a gouge palace to begin with!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

All the Gander Mountain stores around here are closed and gone. Have been for nearly a month.

Vendor Sponsor

ours closed last month
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

before the one by me closed i bought 4# of unique for $60. and primers were $16. K
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

209 primers and .40 S&W brass were the only components Left and still overpriced. I was tempted by a Rem 7600 for $375 but it was a .270...

Boolit Master

They were pretty ransacked before I got there. I was sad I missed all the powders, primers and hunting stuff. There was another store 45 minutes away and scored some tools though. Did find a bunch of tools I been wanting cost me about 50 bucks. Sadly I did not check the box on the Case Neck Turning tool and it was missing pieces. Gander Mountain said they didn't have another and sales were final. I contacted RCBS and hope to work something out to get the missing pieces. They were really nice people and customer service.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    I hit the one in St Augustine, Got a lot of paints and shirts 2 weeks ago for 10 to 15$.
    Today I went their and got 4 shirts for $16. Not a lot left, unless you want some 30-06 Federal Match Gold with 168 SMK. They had 30 boxes marked down to $20 each.

Boolit Master
    I was at the Mooresville, NC store Sunday, the stock was getting thin. I bought four nice Pachmayr recoil pads and a turkey choke for about three bucks each. Also bought a RCBS weight check set for $14.00.

I stopped by a couple of times over the years on the way to Charlotte but never bought much. I do hate to see places shut down and people loose their jobs, done been there.

Went today and got 10 Weaver bases for $4.65.

Boolit Master

I am wondering what they are going to do with all that lead they have there. Both Saint Augustine and North Jax have about a good 100ish pounds. it looks like some kind of clip on or tie in style weight in the fishing section. I tried negotiating for a bulk buy but they told me to come back for the auction. Saying prices were per a weight.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Mold
    Gander Mountain as a business really sucks and I hope the owner loose their *****-- I have a worthless $100.00 gift card I tried to redeem the week before they announced their bankrupcy-- Told me their card reader was down, This was in the Janesville Wisconsin store told me to come back in a day or so , same ********, come back again and they hand me a piece of paper that says I have to file a claim as a creditor of Gander Mountain, so as I see it a BIG F U ! Been buying stuff their since the 1980's and look what happens to me !

Boolit Master
    I picked up a brand new H&R .223 Rem single shot with scope for $174 two days before they closed. I was sorely tempted by the 2 new scoped Savage 243's for $239@, but I didn't have a use for a 243. There were no real deals there until the last week before closing.

Yesterday I got 100 rounds of plain 12 ga. 00 buck shot for $38.00. And Buffered copper plated 00 buck shot for about $2.50 a box of 5. Reloading is 80% off and it is getting picked through. A guy grabbed all the RCBS 505 scales that were on the shelves while I was there. I guess someone bought the last 50 guns at 70% off a couple days ago. I got a really nice, old, model 94 .32 WS rifle a couple weeks ago at 50% off. There was a tougher looking 25-35 model 94 carbine that I had a eye on, waiting for a price drop but I missed it. There was a old Marlin .32 WS that was nice too.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    Closed about a month ago. Got a couple of 30 dollar DVDs for 2 bucks each, a couple of shirts, a bike helmet for my toddler, a de-burring tool, a chamfering tool, and a recoil pad. And a compass.

It was worth it, but I was surprised by how overpriced things still were. And it was the last day practically. All the guns and components were long gone.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

They closed the store here a few months ago and I can’t say I’m sad to see them go. I only visited them twice and on both occasions left mad. A few years back, during the powder/primer shortage, they were selling Winchester small pistol primers for $59.95 per 1000 and had Trail boss, 9 ounces mind you, for $29.95. I vowed never to go back. We now have a new Scheels and they are awesome. As far as I’m concerned, Gander Mountains arrogance towards the customer put them out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Bravo View Post
    They closed the store here a few months ago and I can’t say I’m sad to see them go. I only visited them twice and on both occasions left mad. A few years back, during the powder/primer shortage, they were selling Winchester small pistol primers for $59.95 per 1000 and had Trail boss, 9 ounces mind you, for $29.95. I vowed never to go back. We now have a new Scheels and they are awesome. As far as I’m concerned, Gander Mountains arrogance towards the customer put them out of business.
    My thoughts exactly.

Boolit Master

Really liked Gander when it was a Catalog business, was in one or two of their stores and only saw very high prices. Only store in this state was 70 mile away, so was not tempted to go by.

Even their sale prices were waaaayyyyy overpriced. No surprise they went under. I did end up buying a small base 223 sizing die for $16 + NY tax. They said it was 60% off the regular price of $38.99. Ebay all day long for less than $18. Good riddance to them.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.