Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: New sticks for BPCR

Boolit Grand Master

New sticks for BPCR

Well Friends and gentleman, I started working on a new set of cross sticks for BPCR competition. These are going to be 12" taller than my old set, so I can shootfrom the trac chair instead of getting out of it to get down on my stool. Stool to trac chairs seat difference is 10" so the 12" increase should give me 2" of extra. I picked up some 1" X 2" hard maple at menards a few weeks ago for this project and some hard wood dowels to pin them together. I'm slowly working on them and haven't decided on finish yet. lispeed oil, Tru oil, poly urethane, or a varnish of some type, am also considering the bar top epoxy finish since its a nice clear hard finish. But it adds almost .060 to thickness do to the coatings thickness. I'm leaning towards the boiled linseed oil to seal and finish. But may go with the tru oil for ease of finish.

Boolit Master
    I like tonge oil as it takes multiple coats and finishes up really nice.

Boolit Master

I like Tru Oil a lot
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    Bunch of good choices -- Best ? kind of like Chevy or Ford. I use Watco Oil. Lots of hand rubbed coats on after whatever stain you choose, if any.
    Got any photos ? Would like to see your work.

Banned

for fast, easy and durable ... got to be tru-oil for me.