RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: questions on loading for the 10mm and accurate #7

Boolit Buddy

questions on loading for the 10mm and accurate #7

ill start off by saying I do have better powders to chose from, however this is the powder I have the most of at this time. I'm loading for a Kimber eclipse in 10mm, everything in the cast bullet handbook is literally useless as all the oal and such do not work for this gun, most everything has to be seated atleast .020" shorter then listed data, and the bullets I have aren't listed. I was using 175gn rcbs data for the loads and if memory serves the oal was something like 1.245" and start gn was 9.6 max is 10.4 with aa#7. so I started at 9.6 with a .020" shorter oal and it was completely useless with a lee 180gn bullet in standard lube and powdercoat. so next up is 10gns, I was curious to see if anyone had any dealings with this cartridge and powder I am using that wouldn't mind helping me along with some loads, I haven't had a range membership in awhile so getting out to test loads has been quite challenging lately.

Groo here
    AA list the Rainier 180gr hp plated top load at 11gr.
    Remember that a HP bullet of a similar weight and shape will be longer than a solid.
    The lee will be similar but the powder coat MAY be "slicker" and need a larger charge.
    Also, as lead is slicker than jackets ,you can use jacketed data as a starting point.
    Lastly , go to the glxxk 10 reloading forum,,, just be careful as those dudes like to push things a might!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!