Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: weaver k10

Boolit Master

weaver k10

a buddy of mine got one of these. It,s and older one has 60b 0n it. can any of you guys tell me anything about it when it was made worth etc. thinks bill

Banned
    It's a decent old scope if the lenses are not delaminated. It was the first "budget" scope with an AO. They are easy to work on and clean, just don't break the real crosshairs. IN ANIB condition they will bring $150.00, an average used one $50.00. I had one on a 722 222 as a kid and killed 100s of woodchucks and other varmints with it. 27 gr of original Ball C and a 52 gr Sierra benchrester HP. Bang...... KaaaThop !

Boolit Master
    I bought one in 1961 new to go on a Sako 222 mag. I did break the real crosshair one time and had to send it in to be fixed.

Moderator Emeritus

I assume it's a "El Paso" ? (stamped as such?)

I have a K10 El Paso on a Ruger #3, while it's a bit large for that small rifle, the scope tube is long enough to correct the position of the far forward mounts that plague the #3 (yeah, I suppose I could just buy a scout type scope). The internals of this K10 El Paso are crystal clear, but has issues with the outer bluing finish on a few spots. I paid $75 for it at a gunshow, probably 7 to 10 years ago. I suspect it could be worth more than that now (it is NOT for sale) ...I've seen other examples of the K10 on the popular auction website listed for nearly $200, but who knows if they sold for that much?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Bought one brand new from Target in 1972 and used it on my varmint rifle for a long time. A good scope.

In Remembrance

I had a K8 on a custom 22-250 that was a great scope. Rifle and scope were stolen in a burglary.