PBcastcoInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does God really answer all PRAYERS

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    DCP, there is no winning in this. There will always be something you did wrong, didn't ask in the right way, didn't hold your tongue at the right angle and on and on. If god is all so knowing, all so intelligent, knows your heart and mind knows your fears and walks with you as a friend, then why does everyone make it so complicated? First, they tell you to pray as if you have already received the blessing and trust in god. Then in the next breath it's to pray unceasingly. Which is it. It's no wonder so many people walk away disheartened, confused and eventually unbelieving. Flame away.
    I haven't read the whole thread and don't know exactly what the issue is. My response in post #34 was merely to highlight that a Christian can prevent their prayers from being answered. I will not presume to make applications to another forum member.

It is important to remember that Jesus remarked we'd have trouble in this world and I take that to mean some troubles cannot be removed by prayer. Our hardships help us see ourselves, shape our character and provide room for ministry.

I pray for acceptance of people places and things...and acceptance does not always mean approval either..but if I can just accept things exactly as they are and move on from there and not pray or wait for them to change to fit my scheme of things...I seem to get along fairly well.

Boolit Master
    God always answers. Frequently the answer is "no".

DCP the last time I got into this with you, you came back sounding pretty upset. So I just let it lay and walked away. You were hot under the collar or gave me that impression. And I did not want to antagonize anyone. I have not heard the story from both sides, so I can NOT judge.

But, based on my 65 years of dealing with people. Something happened between you and your daughter that stands between you. It is unresolved. (my opinion)

You may not see it, you may not agree, you may curse my name and throw darts at my picture.
    But there is something causing this.

And chances are whatever it is you do not see it as having done "wrong" and she does.

ASK, ask everyone. Ask if they know why your daughter is hanging on to those hard feelings.

I'm sure from her point of view she has a reason. And I am sure you do not agree.

And until that is resolved you are probably stuck here.

Truly I am sorry. Truly I am not trying to dig, pry, or judge.

Truly I am only trying to help, and I am afraid I am not doing a very good job of it.

Sorry if my failures have caused you pain.

I will be praying that you and your daughter can find a resolution to this conflict.

Boolit Master
    Your a good man GhostHawk.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    DCP the last time I got into this with you, you came back sounding pretty upset. So I just let it lay and walked away. You were hot under the collar or gave me that impression. And I did not want to antagonize anyone. I have not heard the story from both sides, so I can NOT judge.

But, based on my 65 years of dealing with people. Something happened between you and your daughter that stands between you. It is unresolved. (my opinion)

You may not see it, you may not agree, you may curse my name and throw darts at my picture.
    But there is something causing this.

And chances are whatever it is you do not see it as having done "wrong" and she does.

ASK, ask everyone. Ask if they know why your daughter is hanging on to those hard feelings.

I'm sure from her point of view she has a reason. And I am sure you do not agree.

And until that is resolved you are probably stuck here.

Truly I am sorry. Truly I am not trying to dig, pry, or judge.

Truly I am only trying to help, and I am afraid I am not doing a very good job of it.

Sorry if my failures have caused you pain.

I will be praying that you and your daughter can find a resolution to this conflict.
    I believe that you are trying to help and I have never been upset or mad at you. I just don't believe Good works has anything to do with this.

Of course, I had to do something to cause this. You see If one of two people won't talk it real hard to fix something.
    It maybe as simple as I sent her a letter with nothing but the truth in it.

The letter 3 yrs ago stated I wasn't happy about seeing my Grandsons 2 times a year and they only live about 1 mile away wasn't acceptable! I also told her she didn't have time for me. I have not seen her at Christmas or Thanksgiving for over 20 yrs. No thank you's for anything sent to Grandkids.
    I have not heard a peep since.

Long before the letter, She wouldn't give us the scheduled for baseball and basketball games. When I asked why she said she wanted family time without the other Grandparents. I told her we don't even bother you we sit away from you to give you your space. She said that was true but had to treat us Grandparents the same.

I have asked the Lord to forgive us for anything we might have done.
    It is very unfortunate she is too much like her mother.

We are to forgive like Christ 70x7. Way too many don't practice this.
    Last edited by DCP; 02-11-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I don't see good works as a prerequisite.

But if you had 2 neighbors both ask you for help. You going to help the one you have had a quarrel with recently? Or the one who has been helping you?

I do believe he takes care of his own first.

Of course I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Boolit Master
    (Just wow, now I don't believe and have the wrong motives!)
    DCP, you shurly understand those scriptures where ment for the agnostics and atheist who come here and state they don't believe and their prayers are not answered. Brother you have been on my mind and in prayers often.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    (Just wow, now I don't believe and have the wrong motives!)
    DCP, you shurly understand those scriptures where ment for the agnostics and atheist who come here and state they don't believe and their prayers are not answered. Brother you have been on my mind and in prayers often.
    Thanks, Thundarsick and to all who are praying for us. It's not easy putting all this garbage out there. I know there is someone out there that is just like my Daughter who won't talk about it and won't forgive. If you are reading this We are commanded by the Lord to forgive like him. The pain you are causing is causing so much harm. If there are children involved the damage can be so immense.

I find way too many Christian not practicing 70x7. Conflict can be a good thing if it brings resolution.

My prayer is

Forgive them, Father, for they know what not they do.
    Last edited by DCP; 02-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123