Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does God really answer all PRAYERS

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    Perhaps you are discounting the effects of free will, God in His wisdom has granted the majority free will to choose to do as they please, and to negate that free will by forcing change would go against His will. From the history of your prayers concerning your wife, you know He hears and answers, ..."I prayed for God to heal My wife's and my cancer, and He did."..., you know the members are not responding, ..."7 years not to see your grandchildren is a mighty long time for some really stupid stuff!"...

To me, the conclusion is not that God has not heard your prayers, or made attempts to bring about reconciliation, my conclusion is that those being acted upon by The Father are willfully resisting.

You can take all that FWIW to you, but I think you're giving God a bum rap simply because there may be wounds these folks don't want healed, they might rather hang onto them and feed off them. Also, if they have not forgiven what ever circumstances brought about the enmity, there will be no healing.

Frankly, without speaking to all parties involved, I can offer no advice that might be instrumental in healing other than th words of Christ,

Mat 6:14-15 KJV For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

It would appear there are those unwilling to forgive, and are therefore, not being forgiven. I say that strictly without finger pointing, someone doesn't wish to let go.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Thank you

Others also have said it.

"To me, the conclusion is not that God has not heard your prayers, or made attempts to bring about reconciliation, my conclusion is that those being acted upon by The Father are willfully resisting.

It would appear there are those unwilling to forgive, and are therefore, not being forgiven. I say that strictly without finger pointing, someone doesn't wish to let go."

We had to forgive them. Its hard when I see my wife's eyes.
    I have to pray for forgiveness for some of the things I think.

We are not without sin but we have ask for forgiveness.

I have come to the conclusion that there will no peace on earth.
    Our peace comes from the promise of eternal life with him
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Thank you

Others also have said it.

"To me, the conclusion is not that God has not heard your prayers, or made attempts to bring about reconciliation, my conclusion is that those being acted upon by The Father are willfully resisting.

It would appear there are those unwilling to forgive, and are therefore, not being forgiven. I say that strictly without finger pointing, someone doesn't wish to let go."

We had to forgive them. Its hard when I see my wife's eyes.
    I have to pray for forgiveness for some of the things I think.

We are not without sin but we have ask for forgiveness.

I have come to the conclusion that there will no peace on earth.
    Our peace comes from the promise of eternal life with him
    I have to agree with your assessment of 'no peace on Earth' as a general statement of the whole...but...you can have peace in your life and in your home. Simply stay on the straight and level with God, forgive and forget and leave the 'big picture' entirely up to God. There are just too many variables for you to even attempt to control...have patience and revel in your personal peace until we get to 'exit' this unholy rock!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy

First chronicles chapter 4. The prayer of Jabez.

For Jabez was more honorable than his brothers.

(As follows)

"Oh Lord that you would bless me indeed"

"And enlarge my territory"

"That Your hand would be with me"

"That You would keep me from evil"

"That I may cause no pain"

And God granted his request.

The true beauty of this prayer is only in the King James Version of the bible.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes.
    Sometimes the answer is no.

Like many folks, you would like an explanation, an answer to why. I too have issues with an ex daughter in law and my grandkids. My son is deployed which complicates things. The ex DIL ignores court orders and is in contempt of court. Nothing happens to her from the law. Frustrating for sure, and no answer to why.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Like any good father God is wise enough to give us what we need, not what we want.

If healing is not happening, it may be someone else is not willing to forgive.
    It takes both sides willing to listen and reach out.

And if stupid stuff was said/done trust can be hard to come by.

So small steps to show you care. Don't expect anything in return.
    Give because you love.

Keep praying. As many have said sometimes the answer is no, or not yet, or not that way. Some times I suspect the answer is "I'm doing my best to work on them, to help. But it is going to take time"

We each have free will, so he can not compel us to listen, to change.

Be honest, straightforward. Do your level best to see the Lords will and stay in it.

And yes like a couple of others mentioned I know God Almighty see's all, knows all.
    I know I don't, so I try very hard not to ask him to change his will. Just to work around the edges. For any given situation, to bring peace to all. And an absence of pain, suffering if possible.

You are in my prayers. You have my heartfelt sympathy's.

I came very close to losing my step daughter a time or 2. I was lucky. Conversations were for a few years a bit strained, but we can have them.

Patience, and a humble heart are your best friends.

Ghost kind of nailed it.
    "Patience, and a humble heart are your best friends. "
    DCP, Keep praying , it will be answered.
    I've been there, when it seems the darkest, keep your lamp lit. It will happen. I am praying for you brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    I use to pray for my will to be done! God, give me this or that, or make this happen or don't let that happen. Then through events in my life I developed a new and better relation with God. I learned to trust God, to pray that God's will be done in all things, and give me the humility to always do his will. I've learned God don't need my help, because many times when I think I'm helping, I'm actually hurting the situation and myself! I've learned that prayers are answered in God's time and on God's terms. He knows the big picture and loves us all the same, and yes, he loves my children and grandchildren more than I can!

I make it a point to stay out of my children's busness and marriages! I don't like a bunch of things they do, I don't even like all my in laws, but I never show it or express it to my children! Ever! I see some of my children more than others and some grandchildren more than others, but I pray that God looks over all them all! I have my own life to live, if they want to be part of it fine, if not that's ok to.
    Had it ever crossed your mind that perhaps it's my pain and suffering that God is using to help another grow? That a prayer will be answered after I'm gone from this world, so we can be together praising God for ever in the next!

Moderator Emeritus

I too salute Ghost's reply: "Keep praying. As many have said sometimes the answer is no, or not yet, or not that way. Some times I suspect the answer is "I'm doing my best to work on them, to help. But it is going to take time"

We know ONLY what WE know. We will never be able to know what God does. Therefore, we can't know what's in store. And indeed, wanting others to act in a certain way will NEVER be assured, for the simple reason that God, before he made this world or any of us, gave US a will of our own. But as Ghost noted, the answer may NOT be "no," but "not right now" or "not in this way," or it may simply be "not yet." God doesn't reach down his mighty hand and force us to act like little wind up toys. That would demean the holiness and immaculate creation that we are via His hands! So .... in some situations, we're dependent on constant prayer over a very long period, before we get what we want. If you show true faith, and humility, and love, that will almost always overcome most anything that rails against it.

And the Lord advised us to be in constant prayer. He never said we could pray "one and it's done!" Be humble enough to continue praying, and continue working on your humility, and extracting any pride or hurt feelings that still exist within you. It MAY (???) be that you still have some work to do within your own self. Is there one among us who can't do better???? It's certainly not ME, I can ASSURE you of THAT!!! We're all a work in progress. Christ never stops preparing us for the next stage, or the next challenge. He just keeps pruning us, so that we can BECOME the best we can be! It's just like an Army Ranger, on those awfully hard obstacle courses they train on. They may not see the need or reason for THAT much effort and training, but after a big battle, where they've had to put out FAR more than they've ever put forth in the way of effort before, just to survive ..... well, you can't tell me that they're not all grateful THEN!

Everything that happens to us in life, I'm convinced, happens for a REASON. There may be incidentals that happen occasionally just to let ALL of us know none of us is immune, but mostly, things happen for a reason, and WE are the cause of that. If we don't NEED some lesson, it'd never happen, I think, unless it's because we've been chosen to "model" true Christianity for others, maybe.

But whatever is going on, is going on for a REASON, and the only part of that YOU can do anything with, is the part that lies within you. Just make yourself the kind of person most folks would WANT to forgive, and ... you'll have your best shot at getting what you've asked for. You can't change anyone else. The ONLY person you can change is YOU!

I don't mean this in any sort of "hard" way, and I'm certainly not criticizing. It's just the plain and simple Truth. And if we know the Truth, it'll set us free. And even if it never changes, Christ will see you through even THAT! So faith is always needed, no matter how it proceeds, or ends. And your own faith is all you can control. Just keep working on it, and thinking about it, and do your best to be "fair" to both sides, and drop the ego and "accountability," just like God does when WE ERR! Christ set the model for us. We just have a lot of trouble following that model! God bless you all involved in this, and I pray that it'll work out for all of you. Amen.

Boolit Master

WARNING! Atheist logic ahead!

The twin notions of God's grand, long-predetermined plan on the one hand - which makes you a cog in a machine - and prayers for making certain cogs better placed on the other would seem to be at least a little at odds.

Everybody arrives on earth wanting to be warm, dry, have a full belly, and a long, happy life, and for the most part, spends every day hoping, wishing, and yes, praying, that things could be better. In all of that, you will find no shortage of young, innocent, devout people who found themselves on the wrong end of a famine, hurricane, earthquake, car wreck, or Maxim bullet right alongside people who can be seen as having done all kinds of wrong. There's some possibility that God might clue in some folks to get out of the way of the storm, which we'd call "miracles", but when equally entitled (for lack of a better term) folks get pounded flat, we call it "God's will".

You'll hear it said that we make plans and God laughs. It would seem to me that if God's grand, long-predetermined plan involves you getting hit by a bus or having a horrid family life, there's little you can say or do to change that. There's a bit of bumper-sticker atheism that might sound snarky, but there is a lot of wisdom in it for this situation: "PRAYER: How to feel like you're helping without actually doing anything"

To me, that means exactly what it says. To a believer, I would suggest that it means that - rather than asking to change the blueprint - you should use the sense and abilities God gave you through your ancestors via evolution (they're the ones who successfully dodged all His bullets and lived long enough to breed) to solve your own problems, and to accept that certain things will be beyond your ability to fix no matter how much physical, emotional, or spiritual duct tape you try to apply. I do not believe you can rely on God and that you HAVE to rely on yourself. Whether God even exists or not is irrelevant in that context.

Hopefully YOU can work it out. Best of luck!
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

There is a time and a season for every purpose under heaven and prayers are never in vain. A lot of pertinent comments here and what I am still learning, as has already been stated is that prayer changes me, not God. Prayer is about my relationship with God, a holy communion that even satan cannot influence. The more I pray the more I learn about the character of the Almighty and the depth of His love for us. Fervent prayer begins with submission and humility, confession of sin in my own life and thanksgiving for the unspeakable gift of approaching God's throne of grace granted only by the perfect sacrifice of Jesus that He offered on my behalf. Only then are my imperfect petitions made perfect by God's Spirit. The question is not will He respond to my laundry list of requests, but am I willing to take the time in quiet worship to be still and truly know that He is God; that my requests are known already, that His Spirit is already working in us and through us in accordance with the law of Love.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I'm with Bigslug on this. I haven't come to this point easily. I used to let things pretty much roll off my back when I was a believer. When my son was diagnosed with Autism 31 years ago I didn't understand but kept up my belief. My wife and I buckled down to the problem and she quit her job to be a stay at home mother for him. That financial hit took many years to recover from but we stuck together. I would work as much overtime as I could to help. All of this being rotating shift work and what that entails physically and mentally. But we stuck together. I was able to retire 4 years ago and the past 3 years have been one disappointment after another financial, health and others. Have there been prayers said? Yes, Hundreds. And what were the answers - crickets. My wife and I have faithfully stuck together through all of this. You may say this is a test. Really? It says God knew you before you were born, he knows you better that anyone. He knew the number of hairs on your head. So he should know how you will handle adversity or not handle it and if it would eventually drive you away from him. Anymore, the only reason I have not totally folded my tent to God is that I'm at least able to enjoy my grandchildren pretty much when I want and a son-in-law who couldn't be better. I have a beautiful daughter in nursing school so don't think I don't appreciate what I have. I'm not asking for power or great wealth but just some peace and have come to the conclusion your pretty much on your own.

Well said hogtamer!

Prayers are answered, but.

The lord does tend to give us what we NEED and not what we want or ask for.

Sometimes the answer is no, or not yet.

Sometimes the answer is you'd hurt yourself or others if I let you do that.

I have seen the power of prayer work. Seen it make great and sweeping changes in lives.
    I also think that the Lord helps best those who help themselves.

Example, So it is day 4 after Katrina, it is much easier for the Lord to help you if you were prepared. Had food, water, alternative means of lighting, and were smart enough to hang a big old white bed sheet to catch attention. Your standing on the roof waving something bright colored.

As compared to someone still inside, who had no food or water or preparations, who is not outside actively trying to signal for help. But who is laying inside in the dark on the couch feeling sorry for themselves.

Who you think gets rescued first?

God helps those who help themselves.

And as a personal belief, if you had been sharing your food, water for 3 days with those in need. I think you are going to get helped before the one who kept all to themselves.

The Lord takes care of his own.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Well said hogtamer!

Prayers are answered, but.

The lord does tend to give us what we NEED and not what we want or ask for.

Sometimes the answer is no, or not yet.

Sometimes the answer is you'd hurt yourself or others if I let you do that.

I have seen the power of prayer work. Seen it make great and sweeping changes in lives.
    I also think that the Lord helps best those who help themselves.

Example, So it is day 4 after Katrina, it is much easier for the Lord to help you if you were prepared. Had food, water, alternative means of lighting, and were smart enough to hang a big old white bed sheet to catch attention. Your standing on the roof waving something bright colored.

As compared to someone still inside, who had no food or water or preparations, who is not outside actively trying to signal for help. But who is laying inside in the dark on the couch feeling sorry for themselves.

Who you think gets rescued first?

God helps those who help themselves.

And as a personal belief, if you had been sharing your food, water for 3 days with those in need. I think you are going to get helped before the one who kept all to themselves.

The Lord takes care of his own.
    So one has to do GOOD WORKS for prays to be answered! I THINK NOT! I believe it doesn't work that way. Besides I have done plenty of GOOD WORKS

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    So one has to do GOOD WORKS for prays to be answered! I THINK NOT! I believe it doesn't work that way. Besides I have done plenty of GOOD WORKS
    Good works are technically not required to have prayers answered. However, ongoing sin, lack of faith, asking for things outside of God's will and asking for things based on selfish motives will hinder prayers.

DCP I feel for you, and I feel your pain. I will be praying for you.

Praying that you will come to see that you are the stumbling block keeping you from what you desire. And that until you change it is not going to happen.

Love, Understand, and Forgive as Jesus would.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    DCP I feel for you, and I feel your pain. I will be praying for you.

Praying that you will come to see that you are the stumbling block keeping you from what you desire. And that until you change it is not going to happen.

Love, Understand and Forgive as Jesus would.
    You have my attention, exactly what do I need to change?

I practice 70x7 every day so I Love, Understand and Forgive as Jesus does. I am not Christ and fall short and pray for forgiveness. You never heard Christ say I forgive you but wont forget it.

I have every reason to just write her off but that's not what Christ commands me to do. There is nothing she could do that I wouldnt forgive!

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Albert Einstein said, 'belief in god is a sign of weakness.' And Like you, I've been disappointed...

Boolit Master
    1Pe 2:6-8

For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
    Jas 4:3
    When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

If you don't believe, don't ask, because your wasting your time. Those prayers aren't answered, because there not heard!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    1Pe 2:6-8

For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
    Jas 4:3
    When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

If you don't believe, don't ask, because your wasting your time. Those prayers aren't answered, because there not heard!
    Just wow, now I don't believe and have the wrong motives! Forgive them, Lord.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    DCP, there is no winning in this. There will always be something you did wrong, didn't ask in the right way, didn't hold your tongue at the right angle and on and on. If god is all so knowing, all so intelligent, knows your heart and mind knows your fears and walks with you as a friend, then why does everyone make it so complicated? First, they tell you to pray as if you have already received the blessing and trust in god. Then in the next breath it's to pray unceasingly. Which is it. It's no wonder so many people walk away disheartened, confused and eventually unbelieving. Flame away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast