RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does God really answer all PRAYERS

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Does God really answer all PRAYERS

I have been praying for God to heal my family. I have been doing this for 7 years, it actually gotten worse.
    I prayed for God to heal My wife's and my cancer, and He did.

7 years not to see your grandchildren is a mighty long time for some really stupid stuff!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    Yes DCP God hears and answers all prayers from my perspective. However, the answer is not always what we want. We can through unconfessed/unrepented sin in our lives interrupt that connection and he needs us to get straight as well. I have been there myself.
    Sometimes it is even beyond our ability to comprehend as his thoughts are far above our capability. Now that doesn't make what you are experienceing any less painful. We just have to know that God's plan and timing is always perfect. We pray for what we need but at the same time understand it is God's will that will be done not neccessarily what we want. As we grow and mature in our faith our prayer life aligns with God's will ore and more. This is what praying in the spirit and Jesus's name means. He hears you and he is working. I know nothing about what the issue is but in my own world I have been in your spot. I had an errant daughter that walked away from everything I taught her. She shunned me, my family, and anyone that didn't agree with her. After 4 years I can see God's hand in this. Stay strong. Keep praying. God hears you and I pray his will be done in your situation.
    Those stress balls really work..... When you get to shove them down a persons throat.

Boolit Master
    my dads mother was a pentecost hard core church going bible thumper...

she would not have anything to do with me from birth.

i thought i did something wrong....wasnt me all along.

like you said it was stupid stuff that dad and her did.

Banned

No he does not answer all prayer
    Paul asked reatedly to have a deamon, some say sickness, to leave him alone
    God refused him
    I believe Paul's account

Boolit Grand Master
    God may not grant what you pray for. He will grant you what you need. Even if that "need" is pain and suffering.

It is one of the issues I have with prayer. He knows what is happening, and He knows His plan. Who are we to beseech Him to alter the course of events? Therefore, I do not pray for results but for wisdom and His guidance to handle the challenges He has placed before me. I may be completely wrong in my point of view.

Edited to add: I pray for the gift of His love and forgiveness..... and the blessings He has given me in spite of my imperfections and sins.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    No he does not answer all prayer
    Paul asked reatedly to have a deamon, some say sickness, to leave him alone
    God refused him
    I believe Paul's account
    Jesus prayed that he would not have to suffer his coming ordeal. He had the wisdom to place the final answer in God's hands.

How God answers prayers and how he intervenes in human events is often a mystery. We just don't see enough of the big picture. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt, which is an aspect of trust and faith.

In Remembrance

I believe God answers prayers in one of three ways.
    1. YES
    2. NOT YET
    3. NO, BUT I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER FOR YOU
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Grand Master

God does not change. He has our good deeds planned out and established from the begining of time. It is not for me to ask Him to change, prayer changes me, not God.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

DCP, I believe He does. He can speak to those who are bringing sorrow into your life, but they always have their own free wills and can say "No" to God on that or any other issue. I believe He answers all prayers, but He can't or won't always reach down and make us do things like little robots, just because we want that to happen. So sometimes, He does His part, but the ones involved won't do theirs.

What He DOES always do, is hold your hand, and enable you to get through whatever presents itself to you to be borne. And you can continue to pray for what you want, but it might be a good thing to pray that those grandkids find Him for themselves, even if the parents don't.

Having children is either the greatest gift and blessing, or the most horrible source of suffering and heartache that we can confront in this life, I believe. To see one's own children go astray, or disassociate themselves with us, is as deeply cutting a thing as I could ever think of happening to any of us. But God can see you through it, and just because He hasn't drawn the desired results YET, doesn't mean He can't or won't EVER do it. I know we all have trouble having patience in matters such as this, and I'd likely be one of the least able to endure it myself, but I know for sure that things happen on God's time, and not on ours. So just keep the faith. Don't let it falter just because you haven't gotten the results you asked for yet. This may be a test of the depth and intensity of your faith, as well as a test of God's ability to bring things to pass.

Keep the faith. When things look bleakest, that's the very time when our Faith is MOST needed! And valuable to us as well. God be with you my friend. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    I believe God answers prayers in one of three ways.
    1. YES
    2. NOT YET
    3. NO, BUT I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER FOR YOU
    That was going to be pretty much the substance of my reply. Folks seem to confuse God with the Genie of the Lamp who after the proper words will grant your every wish.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

God answers all prayer. Often enough the answer is a flat out NO.

Like any 'GOOD' parent, wisdom is knowing when to say no. You do your children no favors by coddling them and giving them everything they ask for. Case in point: The average American child/teenager.

The church I was raised in believed that any prayer request not granted was directly YOUR fault because of sin and inadequacies. That's pure nonsense. Just like when you were a kid and asked your father for some trifle and he told you, "You don't need that." A good father never says that out of hate or spite, but wisdom. Omnisciency corners the market on knowing what's good for you.

Some people have a hard time accepting that God says no, but he does. Quite often actually. In my opinion, people just don't understand the idea behind "ask and ye shall receive". My opinion: That statement is directed at a righteous man. A righteous man would not ask God for trivial nonsense. He would not ask for a fish. He would ask for the ability/intelligence/wisdom to go catch one himself.
    You will find more of your prayers answered when you stop asking for 'things' and start asking for ability. He's pretty generous with giving motivated souls the ability to provide for themselves instead of giving handouts to lazy inept people who whine for & about everything.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

When my wife went through Chemo She was hospitalized 3 times. These Children had no love. Turned out we had to forgive them for their lack of love even when facing death. They go to church and have given there lives to Christ

When I see the hurt in her eyes I must ask for forgiveness for the thought that race through my mind.

We did not rape them, there Grandfather did. When I found out I made sure the world would know so no other children could be harmed.

What happen was crazy. Because our son had an affair and used us for an excuse his wife hated us. We had no Idea. She would not be at any family get togethers with us. So then it get worse, after that Mom and daughter had words and down hill it goes. The DIL just unblocked us from facebook. Its just crazy

So I am not asking for a hand outs or are we lazy inept people who whine for and about everything. Also We do not think of our LORD as the Genie of the Lamp who after the proper words will grant your every wish.

The “ Blacksheep” of the family our youngest son has been a God send he has grown up to be a fine young MAN of GOD that shows love and forgiveness. Working 70 hours a week he helped his mother and I though her cancer and mine. His sister have no love for him either.

Well LORD, now they all know. Will you please help now

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

DCP...I am having difficulty getting what you are driving at. It appears to me, you think that because of some turmoil in your family God is not answering prayer. If that is the case, then you are dead wrong.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Yes God does answer prayers...but he does ask us to repent of our wicked ways and promises to heal us and our land.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I believe God has his hand in our Nation today due to all the Christian people who are taking Him at His word...
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    DCP...I am having difficulty getting what you are driving at. It appears to me, you think that because of some turmoil in your family God is not answering prayer. If that is the case, then you are dead wrong.
    I do not know why God has not answer my prayerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    The church I was raised in believed that any prayer request not granted was directly YOUR fault because of sin and inadequacies. That's pure nonsense.
    Sometimes, but of course not always, sin prevents us from receiving what we pray for.

"Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7 (ESV)

"You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions." James 4:3 (ESV)

We must also keep in mind how God responds to a prayer whose outcome cannot be observed in our lifetime: the prayer for forgiveness. Matthew 18:23-35 presents a parable that describes a man who was forgiven a huge debt, but refused to forgive a relatively small debt owed to him. Jesus' point was that a person will not be granted forgiveness if he has an unforgiving nature.

There are also many times described in the OT where Israel's prayers were not answered due to her violations of the Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    I do not know why God has not answer my prayerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    What are your praying for? Start there.

Banned

Part of the issue is that you are asking God to answer prayer involving other people. Say two boys are looking at the same girl or two girls are looking at the same boy and they all pray that God makes that boy or girl their husband or wife. I pray my Cardinals win every game for the rest of the year and the opposing team has a fan praying my Cardinals lose.

This is a good place to start:

Mark 11:25 ►
    New International Version
    And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Jesus taught a lot about prayer, and it was all based in faith. I really don't think people really want to drill down on that one.
    Last edited by jmort; 08-17-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    What are your praying for? Start there.
    I have prayed for God to heel this family and for us to see our Grandchildren There are 3 6 blocks away and 4 within 5 miles from us.

I must be a terrible writer

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Perhaps you are discounting the effects of free will, God in His wisdom has granted the majority free will to choose to do as they please, and to negate that free will by forcing change would go against His will. From the history of your prayers concerning your wife, you know He hears and answers, ..."I prayed for God to heal My wife's and my cancer, and He did."..., you know the members are not responding, ..."7 years not to see your grandchildren is a mighty long time for some really stupid stuff!"...

To me, the conclusion is not that God has not heard your prayers, or made attempts to bring about reconciliation, my conclusion is that those being acted upon by The Father are willfully resisting.

You can take all that FWIW to you, but I think you're giving God a bum rap simply because there may be wounds these folks don't want healed, they might rather hang onto them and feed off them. Also, if they have not forgiven what ever circumstances brought about the enmity, there will be no healing.

Frankly, without speaking to all parties involved, I can offer no advice that might be instrumental in healing other than th words of Christ,

Mat 6:14-15 KJV For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

It would appear there are those unwilling to forgive, and are therefore, not being forgiven. I say that strictly without finger pointing, someone doesn't wish to let go.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast