RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA made boots and footwear???

Vendor Sponsor

Just for my own interest I checked their websight (White's)
    Below is their claim

************************************************** ***********************************************
    "
    Made in the USA

Since the founding of our company, White’s Boots have always been proudly made in the USA. Generations of customers
    have come back to us because of the quality of our boots and our unbeatable customer service."
    ************************************************** ****************************

Most models are under $500
    Last edited by Chill Wills; 08-20-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I was recently told that White's are now made in China, and not as good of quality.
    Someone told you wrong. Go to their website, https://whitesboots.com/, and it says right there "Made In The USA". They are still in Spokane as far as I know and you can send the boots back to be rebuilt as long as you own them. I had a pair of White's I bought when cruising timber in Utah and Northern AZ. If there are a better pair of boots out there I don't know what they are
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Someone told you wrong. Go to their website, https://whitesboots.com/, and it says right there "Made In The USA". They are still in Spokane as far as I know and you can send the boots back to be rebuilt as long as you own them. I had a pair of White's I bought when cruising timber in Utah and Northern AZ. If there are a better pair of boots out there I don't know what they are
    That is good to hear. I have been considering driving over to Spokane to order a pair
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Thanks men, I bought a pair of Danner's and Red Wing heritage.

I like the Danners quite a bit so far. Worn them the last three days straight. I took them on a long motorcycle trip over the weekend too. The Danners were $330 shipped and the Redwings were $258 shipped.

I don't have a store too close unfortunately. So I just went with my gut on sizing. Seems to be pretty close. I wish the Red Wings could be had in EE.

Do they make them in EE?

I'm thinking of getting the Postman high top chukkas but want to see how the work boots do.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Master
    Let me know if you get the postman shoes. I'm interested in them for my job at UPS.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Banned

Forgot about "whites" another top shelf boot maker.

Banned
    dragon813qt,

Check out post #37. = SAS will make you what you want & at an EXCELLENT price.
    (The last pair that I had them make was less than 75% of the "usual retail price" for a similar pair of shoes out of a shoe store & they FIT beautifully.)

Note: I, too, have "odd feet" (My size 12.5 feet "measure" about C-D width in the front & AAAAA at the heels.) & was forced to wear "corrective shoes" until I went to public school.
    Then about 3 decades of military duty made me even more "hard to fit". - I now have my shoes/boots "made to measure".

yours, tex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123