Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: A prayer request for a rough week

A prayer request for a rough week

It's been a hectic few days for me and my family. It started with one of our pet rats, Sweetpea, she is almost 3 which is about as long as a rat can go and she is currently in her final hours. I know most people think of rats as pests and vermin but they are wonderful pets. Most days Sweetpea was happier to see me when I got home than my dog is. Her passing is hard on me and my wife. She was the first of 5 we currently have. To add to the stress my wife just lost a substantial amount of pay. She works for her brother-in-law and his business has been hit hard by recent regulations making it very difficult for him to get the compounds he needs to make the supplements he blends. The condensate pump that was giving me trouble finally died last night while I was at work, so I got to come home to more water in the basement and will be without A/C until the new pump comes in this week. I am surrounded by troubles this week and it's been wearing me down. But there is a glint of hope for me yet. I have an interview Thursday for the endoscopy department. I have several recommendation letters for the position, but I was past up the last time, but I have high hopes. That job will almost double my pay, have me working Monday through Friday and off work by 4pm. I won't be breaking my back to earn my keep and I'll be able to support my family better than I ever have before. God has given me a wonderful opportunity in the face of tribulation, but it's far from a sure thing. I ask that you add me and my family to your prayers, for comfort in this difficult time and that I may be able to get this job.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Try to focus on the blessings you have, and just let God's plan unfold before you. Prayers sent for comfort and may God grant you the opportunity you seek. In Jesus name. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    My son kept 3 rats and enjoyed em . They were spoiled and wanted you to hold em all the time . But he said he would have no more because you get attached and they die too quickly .

I'm sorry your have a hard time right now ..we have all been there . I am praying for relief and you getting the job .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord bless spoon and hear his needs
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like prayers are already being answered, really, but you've got my prayers as well. Nothing makes a man happier and elevates his mood more than getting a new job with a boost in pay and better working conditions! God bless you, and don't forget to count the blessings the Lord has already blessed you with. Never forget to say "Thank You" when He answers your prayers. God be with you and the whole family.

Sweetpea passed last night and I cremated her this morning when I got off work. I found closure and peace. Now I have the interview to look forward to in the morning. The wife I dealing with things well, a lot better than I expected. Looking back I have to give praise, it's a true blessing that God gives us in the animals we have for companions and comfort.

God has blessed you with peace in the loss of your pet, and may He continue to bless you tomorrow as you try to better your life for you and your family. Prayers up!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry about Sweetpea, hang on to those fond memories. Praying that the interview goes well. Let us know how you make out. Go in peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Thank you guys so much for your support. I count the members of this forum among my many blessings. I had the interview at 8 after I got off work and it went great. The lady who did my interview told me it went very good. There are still a few more people she is going to interview, but she will have a decision Friday and at the latest I will hear back is Monday. Thank you all so much for your support. God bless you all.

Boolit Grand Master

Praying for a positive decision on the job. It is God who determines and decides, not the boss. Keep that in mind whatever the outcome.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I want to thank you all for your prayer and support. I just found out that I did not get the job.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Never give up . GOD has another plan . It will be revealed . Still praying for you .
    No turning back , No turning back !

That's alright, there's something better right around the corner. Prayers for God's Will to be revealed.

Moderator Emeritus

I've been where you are now, spooner, and did NOT get what I'd asked for. But that wasn't God's plan for me. Instead, He gave me something "lesser," but a job where I met some tremendously good folks, that have meant SO much to me along my winding way in this life. God knows better than we do what we really NEED. Hope you get what you want, but only if it's God's will that you do so. If it's not to be, take heart. And let God do the leading. You'll wind up MUCH happier in the end if you simply find out what HE has in mind for you, in the end. I know I sure did! Still praying for you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I've been where you are now, spooner, and did NOT get what I'd asked for. But that wasn't God's plan for me. Instead, He gave me something "lesser," but a job where I met some tremendously good folks, that have meant SO much to me along my winding way in this life. God knows better than we do what we really NEED. Hope you get what you want, but only if it's God's will that you do so. If it's not to be, take heart. And let God do the leading. You'll wind up MUCH happier in the end if you simply find out what HE has in mind for you, in the end. I know I sure did! Still praying for you.
    Exactly. Spooner, it is part of God's plan for you. Wait on the Lord, He is always on time. My prayers for you, in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting