RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: lever evoloution w cast boolits

Boolit Master

lever evoloution w cast boolits

has anyone tried this yet? I was in town this past wknd and noticed 8 lb'ders on sale. well if a little is good a lot must be better... soooo being as to it's on sale (sale translates to saving money that's why we reload and cast right???) maybe I should have some, there might be another powder shortage. so I bought it. now its sitting here with lots of companions. but not so much information on use with cast boolits lee 170 grn fn I have a winny lever 30-30 be sure to only tell me good things as swmbo is questioning my purchase. the dog might have company before this is over.

Boolit Master

Yes, LVR has been tested and is in use by a fair number of members here with good results. Do a search on this forum and pay attention to the work Larry Gibson has done and reported on. It's a good powder and I use it for my Marlin's in 30-30 and 308MX.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I've used it in 30/30 and 32 Special with great results. It's very odd in that the barrel gets hotter at the muzzle than the chamber. It's a pretty slow but progressive burner. It can get you some serious velocity for the pressure. It's good fuel for top end loads with cast boolits.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    I think it works pretty well also in the 7.62 x 39

Boolit Master
    anybody tried it with 45-70? while I do have a 30-30 its not really my choice I have a love jones for 45-70

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    I think it works pretty well also in the 7.62 x 39
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...LeveRevolution
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    has anyone tried this yet? I was in town this past wknd and noticed 8 lb'ders on sale. well if a little is good a lot must be better... soooo being as to it's on sale (sale translates to saving money that's why we reload and cast right???) maybe I should have some, there might be another powder shortage. so I bought it. now its sitting here with lots of companions. but not so much information on use with cast boolits lee 170 grn fn I have a winny lever 30-30 be sure to only tell me good things as swmbo is questioning my purchase. the dog might have company before this is over.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oltuion-Powder
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    thanks larry this is an outstanding thread it took me forever to find it but I have read it thru. theres a lot of info there will probably have to read thru a few more times. My hat is off to you for this effort it surely took a fair bit of your time but it is surely worth it to us newbies

Boolit Buddy
    I use it a lot in my .32 Special chambered rifles with cast bullets. I'm able to drive the RCBS 08-170, 182 grain gas checked bullet to over 2300 fps in my Marlin 336SC from 1957 with pleasing accuracy. Also, I'm getting no leading what so ever. I size that 08-170 to .3225 in a machine shop modified .321 sizer. All four of my .32 Specials like that bullet and size so far. With that cast 08-170 and LVR powder my .32 Specials exceed every .300 Savage 180 grain jacketed load I have chronographed. There isn't much you can't put in the freezer with a .32 Special cast 182 grain bullet at 2300 fps.

358 Win