Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bummer! ...captured a bad mistake!

Boolit Grand Master
    What were you loading it in? Western Powder lists 5.2 to 5.8 grains of AA5 for use in the 9mm Luger with a hundred grain bullet. If it was a 380, they list 4.3 to 5.1 grains with a 100 grain Berry.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    ^^^^^^this. What caliber and boolit? Some are easier to pull down than others.
    .380 .....they are all good now!

It looks like your 4.6gr load was right in the middle there.
    A buncha hoopty over nothing.
    Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Certaindeaf View Post
    It looks like your 4.6gr load was right in the middle there.
    A buncha hoopty over nothing.
    not nothing....i couldn't comfirm the load.
    if you can't confirm it ....would you pull the trigger? ....not me brother.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    Excelent post and statement!

Are you wont to diddlefinger your loading processes? Do you have a stroke every once in a while? Honest question. Yes or no. If it was me, the first pulldown woulda told me what was up. but anyway
    Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Certaindeaf View Post
    Are you wont to diddlefinger your loading processes? Do you have a stroke every once in a while? Honest question. Yes or no. If it was me, the first pulldown woulda told me what was up. but anyway
    Honest question..."What does that mean?"
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    The OP committed to loading 500 rounds without triple checking his work. That borders on poor work and thought habits.
    His error was not caught in time to avoid loading FIVE HUNDRED ROUNDS WITH AN EXCESSIVE CHARGE OF THE WRONG POWDER.

Yes you are right. I have never loaded a single round with an excessive powder charge much less 500 of them.
    To load 500 rounds with over charges means you were basically not paying attention to what you were doing for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never made a mistake ?

The post shows both attention to detail and conscious thought .
    While the attention to detail came at the wrong time , the conscious thought caught the mistake before it became a problem .

If we do not make mistakes there is very little to learn from , luckily it was caught in time to be a learning experience that caused no harm .

To the op ... carry on . Something tells me you won't forget to check your notes and manuals beforehand again
    EDG

Boolit Master
    You either have good work habits or you don't. There are no points for trying. There is only do or do not.
    I suppose you would be ok with dropping an occasional newborn on his head just because humans can make mistakes. So how many dropped kids is ok for one nurse in one year?

No one is reveling in anything. There are so many people out there that consider reloads inferior because they see incompetent handloaders blow their guns up.

i want to thank all of you who have NEVER caught a mistake, then admitted to it.

you PERFECT PEOPLE who say i should give up reloading because in YOUR OPINION i'm not mentally up to the task
    and you have indeed elevated you own abillities far above mine ... you are my gods.....AND BITE ME!

i was wrong, and i should have blown myself up and died due to the misfortune of catching my mistake...i shant catch any others.

i did look in 5 manuals for loads when i came across what i thought was right ...but was indeed wrong AS I DID RE-CHECK FOR THAT LOAD BEFORE I FIRED ONE OFF!.....AND WHEN I COULD NOT FIND IT AGAIN I KNEW IT WAS WRONG...AND I PULLED EVERY ONE DOWN!

P.S. YOU BUNCH OF BUTT MUNCHS.... THERE ARE THINGS I DO AND HAVE DONE THAT YOU MOST LIKELY ON YOUR BEST DAY COULDN'T DO.

SO REVEL IN YOUR SUPERIORITY.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    EDG IF YOU ARE SAYING you NEVER make a mistake....you are a narcissistic LIAR.

and youve proved it to everyone here.

p.s. ....i found the load data and i wasn't off at all...so shove your superior attitude up yours!

Ouch! That was a little over the edge. Come on people..... let's not get another thread deleted do to a pissing match. Two threads (Hodgdon thread is the other one) going to **** in one day. Im guessing EDG didn't read the entire thread before responding? He must have missed post 41 - 44.
    Last edited by buckshotshoey; 08-19-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    Im OCD and i can tell you my mistakes are different than others. 500 rds is still only one mistake. It was made when the measure was set. It was not made 500 different times. When i set my load i dont go back and check my manual every 10 rds.

I have never had a car accident that was my fault. I have done a lot of things driving that could have caused an accident. I didnt quit driving.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    You either have good work habits or you don't. There are no points for trying. There is only do or do not.
    I suppose you would be ok with dropping an occasional newborn on his head just because humans can make mistakes. So how many dropped kids is ok for one nurse in one year?
    In this case by your standard of "do or do not" The baby was not droped!

Boolit Master
    i'm done with him....he's obviously a troll.

Boolit Master

There are trolls everywhere and it up to us to ignore them. Keep the faith brother and keep on going.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Grand Master

Don't know where (or why) this thread is going, but work habits do come into play when reloading. (I had one mistake, in 1970 and since modified my reloading methods, aka work habits, and eliminated that mistake). If you don't have consistent work habits, use consistent methods, your results won't be consistent, and inconsistency when reloading can be disastrous. Work habits show up in many aspects of life. I was taught very early how to "work" and take care of my tools ( every tool is cleaned/wiped off and put away, in it's designated place, after every use. This extends to my reloading where every component [powder, primers, bullets,] is put back in it's designated place after every use). This work ethic extends into everyday life too. A slob at work is a slob at home, and a slob with their finances, a slob with their relationships, ad infinitim...

I am glad the OP found his mistake and shared it with the forum and the overly critical members of this forum have reason to feel superior...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123