Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon 550 Refurb

Boolit Master

I have a 650, 550, 3 Square Deals, rockchucker, Lee classic turret, Frankford arms single stage and a Lyman Spar T for Blackpowder only. I use them all. The 650 is the workhorse for my 9 MM's and .45 ACP's. The 550 is for .223's, 30-06' for my pair of Garands, 41 Mag, 30 Carbine, 6.5 x 55 Sweede, 7.62x39, 30-30, 327 Fed. One SD is dedicated to .44 Spec, another to 38's and the last to 45 Colt and 454 Casull. If I ever get the Lee running properly I suppose I could take some of the load off the 550. The rockchucker is for load development and for small runs of anything that interests me. The Frankford single is made of aluminium and I pretty much use it just for decapping brass. I also have an ancient Lee Challenger that was my decapper until I got the Frankford (bad press in my mind--too loose) that I call the clanker. It does the job but protests constantly.

I had a burglary a while back and I just now replacing the 650. The new one arrived a few days ago and I am happily upgrading the dickens out of it. When I get done it will be a racehorse with power and speed.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieZoom View Post
    A few things I need to clear up...which would be self-evident if I had the patience to wait for the press to arrive

1) Will the SDB strong mount work with the 550 ?
    2) Is it possible to attach the standard 550 loaded cartridge chute/bin to the strong mount (typically screwed to the bench) ?
    Thanks.
    Refurbed 550 is back from Dillon, so here are the answers to my questions:

1) Yes it works. Just enough height so nothing touches down.
    2) No, not really. I'm sure if I thought long enough I could come up with some bad ideas for making it work, but the correct bracket with finished cartridge and empty brass bins is $25 from Dillon....on it's way.

\ Still waiting to see the results for myself but as many have already said here, you'd swear it was new when you open the box.
    Confirmed !!!!

If it wasn't for a few minor nicks in the frame I would have no way of knowing that this wasn't new. Everything was replaced except the frame...which I'd swear got a fresh coat of Dillon blue

I know it used to be free....but this is still an incredible bargain for what you get in return.

Boolit Master

I know it used to be free....but this is still an incredible bargain for what you get in return.
    Warranty work is still free... Was a "voluntary return and refurb" ever offered as a freebie by Dillon? Agreed, it's a bargain...

Yeah, it's worth every penny! I sent one in earlier this summer, came back with new dies, new tool heads, two new powder measures, and two pages listing everything they replaced!
    But with mine they wouldn't send any other orders back with it. Anything else I wanted was a separate shipping charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12