Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was wondering..............

Boolit Master

I was wondering..............

I was wondering why the muzzle loader forum was soo quiet. Come to learn that bubba50, 54bore and johnson42 (and maybe more) were banned. What on earth happened?

Banned
    most likely from the constant bickering, threatening and multiple warnings. Not sure about bubba50, hes on gbo and a good guy over there.

Boolit Master
    what is gbo?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frontiermuzzleloading View Post
    most likely from the constant bickering, threatening and multiple warnings. Not sure about bubba50, hes on gbo and a good guy over there.
    well this is sad, a wealth of knowledge.................. Flushed down the toilet.

Super Moderator

I looked up their profiles and it shows "Perma-Banned". I missed what happened, but whatever it was must have been pretty serious to get the "Perma" status?

Boolit Master
    what could bubba50 do that was soo bad?

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    what could bubba50 do that was soo bad?
    bubba50 used course language or a swear word replacement that did not meet the family friendly environment of the forum.

I've been in contact with both bubba50 and 54bore by email and/or text as they are a wealth of knowledge.
    Last edited by waarp8nt; 08-15-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Correction on bubba50 termination.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Yep, hardly getting to be worthwhile looking in on this board at all. It's like the place was taken over by snowflakes.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Yep, hardly getting to be worthwhile looking in on this board at all. It's like the place was taken over by snowflakes.
    oh goody, christmas must be coming early this year. not.

Banned

Yes indeed
    You were the moderator I respected most
    Not because you liked me as I did not see that
    But because moderation is much more than liking and disliking people

Boolit Grand Master

Death by attrition.

Boolit Master
    Man I hate to hear that. Roger Johnson is a true friend, and a good Godly man. Roger was as good as gold to anyone, we became friends online, on the phone, and I spent several days last 2 years hunting with him. Bubba .50 is a great guy too, we have traded a lot, always as honest as the day is long. 54 Bore was banned due to going off on rants, on Roger and IdahoRon also. He sent me several nasty emails, badmouthing them both, sounded like the ravings of a drug addict, did not respond to him!! I have been a Substance Abuse counselour for 17 years, I know raving when I hear it. I know he was friends with you Frontier Muzzleloading, but a lot of stuff 54 Bore did was just plain wrong. Have not see Ron post lately, has not answered my pm's either.

Boolit Buddy
    Well Mr Kroger, I'm a 25 year active duty Deputy Sheriff on a very large active West Coast Department. I deal with "drug addicts on a DAILY basis. Not in a controlled office environment, down and dirty when people are at their worst. I have a pretty darn good radar when it comes to people. I would ask that you don't give an on line diagnosis of a person you have never met. I have met 54bore, spent time with him and his family, we shoot together and still trade shooting tips and tricks. I can tell you that he is not a drug addict. He is a man that stands firm about what he has done and wished to share his findings. He speaks plainly and direct. People these days don't really like that, everyone expects to be coddled and handled with do care. BOO HOO. I also followed the long posts from all parties involved, I'm informed and have my own feelings toward the whole thing. They are my feelings and wont share them on a public forum. Defend your friend if you must but I would say that condemning someone as a drug addict without ever meeting the man is a coward thing to do. As for 54bore and idahoron, they are still friends and speak and meet up to shoot and share shooting tips/techniques. My lead pot is now heated. I'm off to pour some boolits. Good Day.

Boolit Master
    Harely Boss, you are correct, and I could be wrong. But the majority of the stuff he sent me, was ludicrous, lies, and hate email, trying to get me to turn on a trusted, benevolent friend. He may indeed not be on drugs, I apologize, for that semi diagnosis, but he his ravings were as bad as anyone I have ever seen that was on drugs, now that was his emails he sent to me. I did not go to moderators, and try to get him tossed off of here, but they did that on their own, with his emails from several other folks. He and I never had a bad word between us. He might be a great friend to you, and an upstanding citizen, but in turn treat every one else like ****, that does not make him a good guy, in my book. Just saying. I can remember him first getting on here, asking questions because he knew nothing about long range and paper patching, and after gleaning info from several on this site an others, he appeared to be the know all/see all/do all, often repeating others info and finding as his own, it would seem, when I went back and looked at his posts, and those that helped him. Having shot Roger Johnsons guns, and tried his advice, along With IdahoRons, I found everything they told me to be spot on, not once did they ever back up, double talk, etc. I wont post anything more about 54 Bore, he is no longer on here, and his antics not worth discussing further. I may not be much longer, for posting this, I hope so though. I am sorry if I have offended anyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I know he was friends with you Frontier Muzzleloading, but a lot of stuff 54 Bore did was just plain wrong.
    We'd chat on the forums is all. I had to remove him from my place as well once he found out that Johnson was on my forum. Checked both of their PM's and 54bore had sent Johnson some real nasty stuff which was BS and I wasn't going to deal with that either. Not sure what's wrong with either of them, but Johnson seemed to be an ok guy from my point of view.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierMuzzleloading View Post
    We'd chat on the forums is all. I had to remove him from my place as well once he found out that Johnson was on my forum. Checked both of their PM's and 54bore had sent Johnson some real nasty stuff which was BS and I wasn't going to deal with that either. Not sure what's wrong with either of them, but Johnson seemed to be an ok guy from my point of view.
    More than OK in my view ,consider him a friend and glad to hear that he"s OK in yours too . I am sure missing his advice and wish there was a way back /Ed

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    Man, I missed everything. I pretty much liked all them guys, and the occasional squabble is just human nature. all the forums are slow now, Its fishing season. My last few casting sessions have been jigs.

Boolit Master
    I do hate it when people get all worked up in a forum. Just because someone has a different opinion/experience is no reason to get all huffy.

Gun forums are a lot like gun discussions anywhere. Some have really good advice and ideas. Others not so much. Even if someone posts pictures of a group you can't really tell if they didn't 'cheat' somewhere (target shot at 50yd and claim 100yd) unless there were other people present.

On a car forum several years ago it became a real mess. The folks were discussing mods and performance. Some guys came in with some different and clearly provocative information. Turned out it was a group of 12 yr old kids who 'modified' the cars in their favorite video game and were claiming to have done the same to a real car. Took a while to weed them out.

Boolit Master
    Guys, I want to say I am not going to get into a he said, he said, I said.

What I will say is what happened was very unfortunate. I have been deeply troubled by it all, and have sit out a lot on the forum. 54 and I had a little misunderstanding. The thread that blew up is behind us now.

But I will say this. When I first developed my system for paper patching I spent a couple years testing and testing, and more testing. I went down a lot of wrong paths that were of my own making. The mistakes lead me to testing my lead. Making every bullet the same hardness. Making every bullet as perfect as I could. I shot a lot of groups. Lots and Lots of groups. I tested not only bullets but after I found bullets that had promise, Then I started to test groups with hardness as the only changes. Believe me when I say I went through hundreds of pounds of lead and who knows how much powder when I came up with the formula for my loads. Then after all that testing I tested them on game. Tweaks were made to insure I had sufficient hardness to punch through game from any angle but soft enough to mushroom to close to double their original size. Again believe me when I said this process to a lot of time, years of time. Then I wrote the "paper patching" sticky. After that many guys tried my loads. I got a lot of feedback and most guys were happy and some changed it up a bit to fit them. But the original load did what it was supposed to do. Get them into paper patching for better accuracy.

Peoples feelings and emotions rarely come through on a post unless someone is real mad. Things were said, and I got to tell you all I felt bad about it. When I say I felt bad about it I didn't sleep at night bad. Lewis 54, and I were friends and that was going south hard. I prayed on it many times. I finally said to him in a text, I was sorry for everything. We took the time to TALK ON THE PHONE. In today's society that is a rare thing. Printed text can become misunderstood. While I was on Vacation this year, I took the time to drive to go see him, and get things ironed out. His house is over 12 hours from mine.
    We sat in his boat in the middle of Priest lake and we,,,, talked. I love fishing and we did soak some bait but that was not the purpose.

Lewis is not a bad guy, and he is not a junky. I will say that he is quick to anger, just like me. He tells you the truth as he knows it, just like me. And we share a lot of the same likes and dislikes beyond Muzzleloading.
    Lewis is my friend.

I guess I started Roger down his path for paper patching as well I think. Like a lot of guys Roger took what I had to offer and and he changed it to fit his needs. We traded ideas and we also talked about other stuff.
    I never talked to him on the phone and I never had any problems with him. We got along fine.

I am not a master at paper patching bullets I make mistakes, I feel that I did master my loads. That said I feel that I learned a few things from both men.

I am truly sorry for my part of what has happened with the whole thing. I honestly wish everything could go back and hard feelings erased. I don't see that happening any time soon.

54 is not a junky, he is not a criminal, he is a good guy. He works hard and he likes to shoot black powder and hunt. I really think for the benefit of the forum it would be best to let this go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast