Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has GOD asked too much ?

Boolit Master
    He asked to much of me today! I'm still trying to figure out where I failed?

Just pray
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rl69 View Post
    He asked to much of me today! I'm still trying to figure out where I failed?

Just pray
    Pm sent .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Lots of good advise. Dont give up and get lost in the pleasures of the world.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Prayer sent for you, rl69. Sometimes failure is just success delayed.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Does God ask too much of us???? Well, He created the entire universe, seemingly all so we'd have this one little planet in the vastness of space and matter and time, and then he fitted it out with everything that our hearts could desire to maintain and feed us, and keep us whole, and even provided us with cures for most everything that can happen to us. What do we owe Him in return for that? Any real sense of equity would have to answer "everything," wouldn't it? And that's the way I look at it.

Most of the things we might possibly use as being "too much" for us, are almost always the things that we WANT, rather than what God wants. We find it hard to follow His will rather than our own. Our own wills tend to drive us toward pleasure, laughter, hedonism and what we think will lead us to "happiness." The thing we never seem to remember when we want to follow OUR way instead of His, is that He is a lot more balanced and unbiased than we are. We are easily tempted. He's not. If we follow OUR will, it usually leads us to things that do NOT wind up in the end, making us "happy" like Satan usually says it will. But if we do what He wants us to do, we wind up with an inner satisfaction, and some sense of humbled pride, that sustains us through most anything we can ever encounter. Truly, He loved us enough to tell us the truth, even when we'd really, at least for that moment, prefer a lie that would allow us to convince ourselves that good is bad and visa versa!

If God ever seems "too hard on us," that's generally when He's trying to teach us something we desperately need to learn! In so doing, I think that makes Him the best friend we could possibly ever have. We may like to hang around others who encourage us to follow our own wills, but those that tell us to do what will truly benefit and sustain us, are REAL friends. Those others ..... not so much. They're mainly trying to get you to do what they do, just to make them feel better about doing what they too know isn't right. And that'll never make them true "friends."

Christ is the best and most loyal and ever faithful Friend we'll ever have, period! And maybe most especially when he's "hard on us."

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes Blackwater....sometimes we need "tough love". I certainly did or I would never have become a Christian.

There is only one unpardonable sin....when we denounce Him. I did that for the many decades I was a non-believer. I do not know if that can ever be erased. Yet Peter denied Jesus three times. So I hope for forgiveness.

Charlie's question is a good one. I believe God asks more of some than of others. Some men are called to do more because they are able to. He is all knowing, so He knows before these men failed that they would fail. But He used them for His purposes. We cannot forget the good they did and dwell on their failures and weaknesses...we are not meant to judge them.

I have much to atone for. I continue to strive to be a better man and I know that since accepting Jesus I have made progress. Even my fiancé sees the changes. BTW, yes, I became engaged this weekend to the love of my life...the woman I thought I had lost forever.

Charlie, I do not believe God asks for "too much". Who are we to determine what "too much" is? I will leave that to Him to decide.
    Don Verna

Don, you just made my day brother. All glory to our Lord and Savior.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    That's a good answer . But how do we prove we are worthy ?

never stop trying.. thats how

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Yes Blackwater....sometimes we need "tough love". I certainly did or I would never have become a Christian.

There is only one unpardonable sin....when we denounce Him. I did that for the many decades I was a non-believer. I do not know if that can ever be erased. Yet Peter denied Jesus three times. So I hope for forgiveness.

Charlie's question is a good one. I believe God asks more of some than of others. Some men are called to do more because they are able to. He is all knowing, so He knows before these men failed that they would fail. But He used them for His purposes. We cannot forget the good they did and dwell on their failures and weaknesses...we are not meant to judge them.

I have much to atone for. I continue to strive to be a better man and I know that since accepting Jesus I have made progress. Even my fiancé sees the changes. BTW, yes, I became engaged this weekend to the love of my life...the woman I thought I had lost forever.

Charlie, I do not believe God asks for "too much". Who are we to determine what "too much" is? I will leave that to Him to decide.
    AMEN...

and God will forgive, you are back on the path... maybe that was your test, to see if you would be able to get back to the right path...

and congratulations on your engagement!

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

Thank you Don , I agree .

Moderator Emeritus

Don, indeed, God DOES ask or require more from some than He does for others. Why shouldn't He, when some are more richly blessed than others? To those who have been blessed with much, more ought to be required, shouldn't it? We have our wants, and usually, see most everything through the prism of those wants and desires. And we generally tend to color things as "bad" or "good" depending on whether they serve our desires and wants, or whether they don't. If we didn't have a real and living God to govern and rule and curb us, what would the world be like?

In every life, things happen just when they need to, for that individual to learn things they need to know. At least IF they process the experience properly. The entire earth and all the heavens and universe, testify to the power, wonder and awe that our God really is. And He loves us MUCH more than we often love ourselves. When we WANT something, we'll often even risk our lives, or our long term well being, just to get it. And some lose that bet, and thinking they'll get away with it, they die, and die "early" in our human terms. What a work is man! And yet, what fools they be!!! If it weren't for God, we probably wouldn't exist as a species today. Our willfulness has many, many, many ways to do us in .... permanently and collectively. God has set limits on all things, it seems. There are limits to what He'll allow in physics, chemistry, and all endeavors. He'll only allow evil to go just so far, also! And today, it's about as rampant, world wide, as it has ever been.

Most folks think the medievals were ignorant and thus, stupid. But much of our finest and deepest philosophies were penned way back in those early and misbegotten times! The ideas postulated by all that serves gov't nowadays, seems to be based in atheistic and at minimum, agnostic philosophies. And it's getting less and less "stylish" and "OK" to be a believing and practicing Christian. Gov't now has the ABILITY to micromanage entire societies, via supercomputers and plentiful solid state electronics. We can literally monitor almost everyone almost every second of their lives now! Where's all this leading? I can't claim to know, but I sure do have my suspicions! You probably do too, don't you?

Boolit Grand Master
    Blackwater you hit the nail...ignorance is far different than stupidity. I was once told I was "too smart" to accept Jesus...so smart that I would remain ignorant. God finds a way IF we do not ignore Him. Regrettably, God needed to hit me with a 2x4 a few times before I woke up.
    Don Verna

Yup, a few of us here have experienced that ole' 2x4.

Don some start early some later . As long as you start your good . We believe in a loving and merciful GOD . I'm glad you know him , and more important is at he now knows you . I'm really glad your here .

At a time not long ago in the past GOD abandon me .

Boolit Master
    You know better then that
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

No , it happened .

About 8 years ago I was going to church , doing his work , as usual . I thought everything was good . Fact is I thought in a way GOD had given me leave to do what I wanted to . In that process I relied on myself...not GOD . I no longer sought the Holy Spirit . I prayed by habit , I did by habit...I kind of thought I had privilege . I didn't do anything 'bad' but did not seek him . No longer sought the spirit within me .

This happened over a period of time leading to a life of just 'doing what I ought to do" My conviction was weak . My faith was in tact but misguided . I have never denied GOD . But I was lost .

I inadvertently ..not knowing left him caught up in daily routine , the world . I was on my own .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast