Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has GOD asked too much ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I had a lot of medical problems , I could barely get out of bed and go to work . I was a single parent , my daughter Becky was 10 years old and I was scared to death I would die and leave her . It was bad . I loved her , I was afraid for her .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    The spirit has been working ith me on a coupel of deferant things. I don't have the terminology down but accentually we die once to our sins, we are born agin in the spirit,and now have eternal life.in Gods time we will leave this existence and slip into the next. This goes deeper but I'll move on
    the secound thing is in the beginning God ruled the word speaking directly to us. then for a short time God manifested himself in the form of the son and spoke to us. Then giving himself up for as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. As we see when the Rock was rolled away from the grave he is no longer with us.but now at the right hand of the father. We also can look into the temple and see God is no longer there. I always thought the vale was rip so we could enter in.
    Now we have the spirit who lives in us.he lifts our prayers to the son,who shields us from the wrath of the father.

I say all that to say this. as wicked sinfull men we don't abandon the ones we truly love. how then could He who is perfect love ever abandon his children? there is a lot we will never understand there are things we may understand but can never full articulate.(as you can see from my above ramblings) I do know this he will never abandon his children

I don't know why you had to go threw what you went threw? I don't know why you had to work it out yourself? but I know he was with you. He loves you and he knows best.

A lot of you who or far more versed in the scripture and better educated can pick apart most if not all I posted above but understand did the best I could with the vocabulary I have. not everything came out the way I wanted. And I had to leave some thing out for the same reasons
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

It was bad , every night I wondered if I would wake up in the morning . Scared me to death thinking Becky would find me dead and she be alone .

Quote Originally Posted by rl69 View Post
    The spirit has been working ith me on a coupel of deferant things. I don't have the terminology down but accentually we die once to our sins, we are born agin in the spirit,and now have eternal life.in Gods time we will leave this existence and slip into the next. This goes deeper but I'll move on
    the secound thing is in the beginning God ruled the word speaking directly to us. then for a short time God manifested himself in the form of the son and spoke to us. Then giving himself up for as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. As we see when the Rock was rolled away from the grave he is no longer with us.but now at the right hand of the father. We also can look into the temple and see God is no longer there. I always thought the vale was rip so we could enter in.
    Now we have the spirit who lives in us.he lifts our prayers to the son,who shields us from the wrath of the father.

I say all that to say this. as wicked sinfull men we don't abandon the ones we truly love. how then could He who is perfect love ever abandon his children? there is a lot we will never understand there are things we may understand but can never full articulate.(as you can see from my above ramblings) I do know this he will never abandon his children

I don't know why you had to go threw what you went threw? I don't know why you had to work it out yourself? but I know he was with you. He loves you and he knows best.

A lot of you who or far more versed in the scripture and better educated can pick apart most if not all I posted above but understand did the best I could with the vocabulary I have. not everything came out the way I wanted. And I had to leave some thing out for the same reasons
    Just bear with me .

Your doing good !

At a time I was taking 14 pills a day , doctor had me on steroids , had to use oxygen part of the time , couldn't sleep . It was late September and I knew I'd be dead by the new year .
    At Thanksgiving the family came to the house , I managed to make the meal , I wouldn't tell anyone how bad off I was . I struggled to pull it off and act normal . I passed out 2 times and fell out of a chair . Scared the snot out of everyone , I just gave lame excuses .

I couldn't show weakness , I was the one to 'get er done!' . I was the go to guy to make things happen . I was eat up with pride . I never asked for help ...I didn't need no help . Not even from GOD .

I had given service in a lot of situations , active in church . I had been pretty successful (not bragging ) because I poured everything I had in it . I grew up working , the only solution my folks had growing up if you had a need was to find more work . In a thread still on the board here when I worked on a ranch I was quick to praise Howard for being one of the hardest working men I knew in my youth . I was taught to work as a solution to all problems . I related physical work with GOD's work .

I could dang sure 'work' up till I took too much pride in it . I started making decisions doing GOD's work on my own , I kind of thought he had given me leave to handle his business .
    .................................................. ........I WAS WRONG !

Although I still gave service , I still witnessed , I was still going to church I had taken on myself to do GOD's work without GOD . I no longer sought him to advise me ...I just went on and did what I thought needed be done . I did not slow down to let the Spirit guide me ..I just did it my way .

I slowly failed . I had to stop doing all the outside physical work because I simply couldn't hold up to it . I quit being so active in church , I had a hard time physically getting there . I struggled to just get to the job and couldn't actually do any physical work . My life revolved around my ability to out do anyone else and it was gone . I was unable to do anything like I had before , my pride caused me shame .

The old saying ; Pride goeth before a fall is pure truth . It lead me to near death . I thought my GOD had abandoned me to let me die and leave my daughter alone .

It was me who had abandoned him . I still did all the work , went to church , taught , witnessed ....BUT I DIDN"T SEEK HIM !! I took it on myself . He was still there but he had cut me loose with my pride and I failed and near death , tormented that I would leave Becky to whatever happened next .

In our bible Paul tells us his greatest strength was knowing his weakness . That without GOD he was lost . I had my own Damascus Road experience . It had to be brought to me by GOD .
    Last edited by Boaz; 08-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    I had a lot of medical problems , I could barely get out of bed and go to work . I was a single parent , my daughter Becky was 10 years old and I was scared to death I would die and leave her . It was bad . I loved her , I was afraid for her .
    Charlie, sounds an awful lot like that old story about a man and Christ walking down a beach, and the man looks behind them, and in places, sees only one set of footprints. So, he turns to the Lord and says, "Lord, I see places behind us where there are only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me?" And the Lord just smiled at him and said, "My son, I never left you. Those spots are where I carried you." God can't and won't leave someone. It's just not in His nature or programming to do that. It's US who fails to see Him, but just because we don't see Him, doesn't mean He's not there! Seriously! If you depend on your perceptions, you'll have a very limited view of God and all that He can and does do. You may have FELT like He'd abandoned you, but ... He never really did. You were just caught up in your forlornness. That's all. And just because you feel neglected, doesn't mean you have been.

Is this making any sense? I too have felt abandoned. But it was MY mistake. Not God's! He'll NEVER leave you. He's promised you that, and he ALWAYS keeps His promises. ALWAYS.

Moderator Emeritus

OK, now that I've read the rest of your posts, I think I see where you're going. Keep up the good work!

I prayed to GOD . I asked for his forgiveness and help . My pride was gone , washed away by my helplessness and fear for my child . GOD saved me , he forgave me . It did not happen overnight but he guided me through it . Pride is a dangerous thing .

I got my pride on a short chain now days , it nearly killed me and separated me from GOD . Left to our own without him we are helpless . We take his grace , love and presence in our lives for granted many times because we are given so much like a spoiled child .We don't truly stop to think and understand that he is life . Many say Hell is life without GOD and I'll vouch for that . I never intentionally tried to leave him but through pride and taking control I failed .

I'm working on forgiveness to others , it's a rough road for somebody hardheaded as me but I'm making progress when I try . Pray for me . Thank you .

The book of James (my favorite) is a guide on prevention and recovery from failure . I refer to James more than any other to guide my life .

James 4;6
    But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
    “God resists the proud,
    But gives grace to the humble

James 5;16
    Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Thank you for putting up with me .

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    1 Corinthians 13:4-8New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
    Thank you Pine Baron .

Moderator Emeritus

PB, I think you summed it up definitively. Thanks!

Just curious . Do you think GOD asks too much from us ?
    I'm discounting nobody's experience as related here, and of things I've seen, but to give my honest opinion, I would quickly say no he has not.
    Considering that He owns us,

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

That we're created for His pleasure,

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And He made the ultimate sacrifice for us,

Mat 27:50-51 KJV Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. (51) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;...

Washing away those sins we repent of, and allowing us direct access to The Father, how can we count what ever He asks of us as to much?
    Last edited by claude; 08-26-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123