Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has GOD asked too much ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Has GOD asked too much ?

Just curious . Do you think GOD asks too much from us ? There were many that were asked to do much more .

http://www.fggam.org/wp-content/uplo...ng-goliath.jpg
    No turning back , No turning back !

Noah failed
    David failed
    Sampson failed
    Moses failed

Saul failed
    Peter failed
    Thomas failed
    Judas failed
    All the disciples failed
    And there are more .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Noah failed
    David failed
    Sampson failed
    Moses failed
    Saul failed
    Peter failed
    Thomas failed
    Judas failed
    All the disciples failed
    And there are more .
    They all failed because of;
    Disobedience.
    Fear.
    Doubt.
    Greed.
    Sin.
    Pride.
    And more.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    They all failed because of;
    Disobedience.
    Fear.
    Doubt.
    Greed.
    Sin.
    Pride.
    And more.
    That's interesting , thank you .

Boolit Master

Fighting our own inner demons and trying hard to be our best is in my opinion the point if life. Proof our worthiness.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Fighting our own inner demons and trying hard to be our best is in my opinion the point if life. Proof our worthiness.

That's a good answer . But how do we prove we are worthy ?

Boolit Master

By admitting our sins and weaknesses to God. Asking for forgiveness and then putting good faith effort into never doing it again and avoiding the temptations we are weak against

~Theodore Roosevelt~

I totally agree ! thank you ! Should we spread his word to bring others to him ?

Boolit Master

It's in the scripture. I am horrible at remembering verses and quoting it. Too often most people think they ask for forgiveness and its granted. They forget you have to not do it again. Sins are like drugs and some can be addicting as heroine. Some of us are addicted. It becomes a life long struggle for self better ment. We can spread the word and let him who has ears listen.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

IMO it is not about failure. It is about not giving up. Struggle back to your feet every time you stumble, fail and fall. And try harder, try to love better, try to be more like our Lord. Try HARD to not sin again.

No I don't think he asks too much. He does not expect us to succeed easily. He expects that we will need help and he is there to give it.

Pride, Hubris goeth before a fall. Humility and a humble heart will see us far.

Rcmaveric, good posts brother, as it happens I agree.

"Go forth and sin no more" is what he asks of us. It can be a lot, it can be hard.
    But he does not punish us for failure. He does reward us for staying in his will, on his path.

He is the good father that gives us what we need not what we ask for. And love without end.

You need not quote verse to spread his word . Only to make your belief simple and part of your life through your testimony of what he has done in your life . Most think quoting scripture is required ...it is not . Non believers are intimidated by scripture , I never quote scripture . Your simple belief and personal testimony is all that is required . Folks tend to think they have to preach but that is false . Only how GOD has made your life better . They will hear plenty of verse later .

I truly thank you . You have been honest here . Just spread it ! Many don't stop and think in this Chapel because I post so much here but I am no one , I have no formal training , I'm a no body , I am not a preacher ...only a layman . Our bible does not tell us we must succeed , ..it tells us to try .

Thank you for being so honest .

Boolit Master
    Romans 3:10- to the
    end of the chapter tells that we all fail but because of our obedience to the gospel and the blood of Christ washes away sins, and He was a substitute sacrifice for our sins.Eph. tells us we are saved by Grace (something we don't deserve) through obedient Faith.Not by works or atta boys!
    Then hopefully we can say as Paul said " I have fought the good fight".
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master

Did they fail or did "people" fail As has been said many times you can lead a horse to water......... so dithey fail or did people fail to understand or change? I'm a firm believer God dosnt give us more than we are capable of. I'm reminded of the old story of the Foot prints in the sand. when looking back on his life a man saw footprints in a sand beech sometimes 2 wets side by side sometimes only one, When he asked God about this the answer was the 2 sets is where we walked together. The man looked and ask why he was walking alone at some very hard times and God answered that's where I carried you thru. SO did they fail or did people fail

You will not fail personally if you try . It's in the trying . GOD give choice , you will not be responsible for another's choice .

Boolit Master
    1Co 9:24-27
    Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
    Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
    No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Heb 12:1-2
    Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
    fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You gotta be "IN IT, TO WIN IT", if your not in the race how can you posably win?

God don't give us more than we CAN handle, but often more than we Do handle!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Noah failed
    David failed
    Sampson failed
    Moses failed
    Saul failed
    Peter failed
    Thomas failed
    Judas failed
    All the disciples failed
    And there are more .
    Question.
    Of all of these who failed, did they fail God or did they fail themselves?
    I think they failed themselves first with their weakness and sin, but not God, because they repented and turned back to Him, with the exception of Judas. But even Judas had remorse of sorts, but did not handle it well and missed an opportunity for forgiveness and redemption, or did he? This is a subject of another discussion.
    The accounts of people in the Bible and their actions and reactions are not just fairy tales for empty headed people, these are stories of how to and how not to live your life as a follower of God and as a Christian seeking perfect salvation.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Thank you . I believe you to be completely correct in everything you said . We can fail but GOD never fails , he is constant , he is infallible .

As someone that came to Christ at an early age, and then falling away. As a young adult I went very far from Christ. I know now that he never moved away from me. During the time in my life that I fell deep into drugs, I would just pray that if you get me through this night I will do better. Of course I never did. It was not until I came to my God and turned it over to him . I had to admit that I could not do anything and that he could take this addiction from me. I had to lay it all at his feet and trust that through him I could recover from this. Yes I know that I wanted to change but for me it was finally reaching the point were I knew that I could not do anything without him doing it through me. As it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I have to depend and trust that Christ will be with me and allow him to work through me. Even when I move far from him , he is still near me. I thank God every day for the work He did in me. I thank him for his son Jesus Christ that saved me and I thank him for the Holy Sprite that dwells in me. We have a great God who loves us and wants to have a relation with us. I know that I am the one who always got in the way of that. I am thankful that he is just and will never leave or forsake me.

Thank you Father God for all you do in my life.
    Amen

Boolit Master
    I believe God sent his Son Jesus to save us from our sins if we believe in him and follow his teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by daloper View Post
    As someone that came to Christ at an early age, and then falling away. As a young adult I went very far from Christ. I know now that he never moved away from me. During the time in my life that I fell deep into drugs, I would just pray that if you get me through this night I will do better. Of course I never did. It was not until I came to my God and turned it over to him . I had to admit that I could not do anything and that he could take this addiction from me. I had to lay it all at his feet and trust that through him I could recover from this. Yes I know that I wanted to change but for me it was finally reaching the point were I knew that I could not do anything without him doing it through me. As it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I have to depend and trust that Christ will be with me and allow him to work through me. Even when I move far from him , he is still near me. I thank God every day for the work He did in me. I thank him for his son Jesus Christ that saved me and I thank him for the Holy Sprite that dwells in me. We have a great God who loves us and wants to have a relation with us. I know that I am the one who always got in the way of that. I am thankful that he is just and will never leave or forsake me.

Thank you Father God for all you do in my life.
    Amen
    Thank you .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast