MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: I got witnessed to !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I got witnessed to !

Guy came in bout an hour ago and on his way out asked ; Do you go to church ? I said ; YES SIR ! I'm a Baptist , where do you go ?
    It started a good conversation ! Come to find out he was going to my last church that I belonged to for 42 years . We talked and covered a lot of ground . We both enjoyed it . I complimented him for offering to witness to me as I should have . It's a bonus to see others trying ....a big bonus ! Plus met a man with conviction . I really enjoyed it .
    No turning back , No turning back !

We are not alone. I'm hoping to see this more often.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

It is just amazing who God sends into your life and make a tremendous difference.......quite often at a pivotal time....thanks Charlie.....you rock brother!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

You are completely right Paul ...I could use you as an example . GOD blessed me by putting you in my life brother . It's absolutely fascinating when your able to see the connections and him working in your life ! But that more could see .

I started not to post this .

This morning about 10 o clock I was in the office at the shop sitting in the office on the computer . Had seen no one pull in the parking lot . I heard the waiting room door open (has a dinger) and a tired looking lady about 45 years old walked out . She came to the office and said she was thirsty , I gave her a cup and told her there was cold water next to the soda machine . She filled her cup and came back to the office and said ; I have been sitting in your waiting room reading Chronicles in your bible and I enjoyed it . (I keep a table Catholic and King James on a desk in the waiting room)

She asked : is your name Charlie ? I said ; Yes Ma'am . She said ; I have been sick . Will you pray for me I said ; Yes Ma'am , what is your Name ? . She said ; My name is Ramona , please pray for me .

I was a bit taken back , this all happened very quickly . Then she said ; I have to go , thank you . And she walked out the front door .

I'm still trying to figure out this situation . If you get a chance please pray for Ramona . Thank you .
    Last edited by Boaz; 08-15-2017 at 02:51 PM.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Prayers sent for Ramona..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out this situation . If you get a chance please pray for Ramona . Thank you .
    Great story. Thanks.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

Prayer for Ramona sent up
    Being human is not for sissies.

Praying for Ramona.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Stopped at the grocery store this morning to get my hands some Cokes and something for lunch at the shop . I know most all there and talk in passing being sure to mention GOD in some positive way . Like ; Looks like our Lord is going to give us another nice day !...........It's a good day , GOD gave us another one !

Not trying to brag but they all like me but one ...an I'm working on that , lol . There is a lady manager that tries be the one to push the groceries out to the car I have talked to her many times and she likes me . She is married and has 2 children , I'd guess her to be 40 years old . She is a Christian but don't know what church she attends , I rarely ask that question .
    She seemed worried today , a bit drawn and had to force a smile but insisted on pushing my cart out . I sensed she had trouble . We put the groceries in the back of the SUV and I held out my right hand , she took it and I said lets pray . It was basically an empty parking lot , sun just coming up . The verse I put up here this morning was on my mind .

Lord be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path today , guide us and help us . Thank you for all you do in our life . Thank you for all you have given . Amen

That's it ...very short prayer . She squeezed my hand and whispered ..Thank you .

Witnessing is not always to those not saved . It can be confirmation to the faithful . To know you are not alone , to know that they are many that deal with the trouble of this world . Assurance that you have support and are not alone .

That's part of what this Chapel is about .

In Remembrance

This afternoon I was on the way to the gunsmith when I realized that I was hungry. I had had nothing to eat all day but that is not unusual for me. What was unusual was that I decided to stop at McDonalds. As I was talking to one of the fellows that works there and goes to church with me, I asked a lady that was waitng on her food if she went to church. She said yes but she was looking for another church where she and her family could feel welcome. I told her about the church I attend and she had heard of it but no one had ever invited her. I VERY QUICKLY asked her to at least come visit us and she said she would. She has a 19 years old daughter that was in an accident and now has the mind of a 8 year old child. We prayed for her and she said again that she would come visit us. I hope she finds it as her new church home. You can witness anywhere you are even in a fast food joint. Made the stop worth the trouble just to witness to someone. Please pray for this woman and her family.

Charlie, we are told that some entertain angels unawares. Maybe that is what you did.
    Bro. Albert
    Last edited by aspangler; 08-15-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    This afternoon I was on the way to the gunsmith when I realized that I was hungry. I had had nothing to eat all day but that is not unusual for me. What was unusual was that I decided to stop at McDonalds. As I was talking to one of the fellows that works there and goes to church with me, I asked a lady that was waitng on her food if she went to church. She said yes but she was looking for another church where she and her family could feel welcome. I told her about the church I attend and she had heard of it but no one had ever invited her. I VERY QUICKLY asked her to at least come visit us and she said she would. She has a 19 years old daughter that was in an accident and now has the mind of a 8 year old child. We prayed for her and she said again that she would come visit us. I hope she finds it as her new church home. You can witness anywhere you are even in a fast food joint. Made the stop worth the trouble just to witness to someone. Please pray for this woman and her family.

Charlie, we are told that some entertain angels unawares. Maybe that is what you did.
    Bro. Albert
    Albert ...that is on my mind but will not call it . Most times not for us to know . I'm dang glad your doing better brother !!

Amazing how God leads us to exactly where we need to be. Not my will but thine be done. Amen.

Father God, thank you for all that you do. Thank you for being the loving father that you are. Thank you for watching over us and for all the great things that you do. I lift up Ramona to you this morning. Be with her and heal her sickness. Continue to work to show your love and mercy to her. I also lift up the store manager that Charlie shared with. You know her heart and you know the unspoken prayers that she has. I pray that you will give her peace and pour your blessings out upon her. I also lift up the woman that Albert shared with at McDonalds. I pray that you will put it on her heart to take Albert up on his invitation to attend his church. I pray that she finds a church that makes her feel welcomed so that she and her family can come together with other believers to learn about you and the grace that you offer. I pray that you would continue to bless all that come here. I pray that all who come here know that they are an encouragement to me and that they are a blessing to me.

In the name of your son Jesus Christ I pray. Amen

Super Moderator Emeritus
    If we listen to the Holy Spirit and are open to his leading, He will lead us to many witnessing opportunities every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    If we listen to the Holy Spirit and are open to his leading, He will lead us to many witnessing opportunities every week.
    Thank you Jim . When we put aside the distractions we see so much more . Many times I have to stop and clear my mind to see what needs be seen .

There is more verse directly related to witnessing . I offer this as a prospective for yourself in understanding how witnessing is part of your life . Attaining an attitude , a reality and joy in witnessing and helping others find and confirm .

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
    Cast Down but Unconquered
    7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So then death is working in us, but life in you.
    13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 15 For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.
    Seeing the Invisible
    16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
    Last edited by Boaz; 08-17-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

All sorts of things go on all around us daily, that escape our knowledge or attention. At the little thrift store my wife runs, things similar to this are a multiple daily occurance. Folks who've had some crisis and are financially challenged are referred to them for free clothes and whatever else they can provide, including food, and my wife comes home every day with stories about the folks who come there with genuine needs. They also utilize some folks sent to do "public service" from the courts, and some of those are genuinely touched to see humble, every-day folks doing what they do there. Nothing big or flashy - just good folks doing necessary and sometimes tedious and thankless work, so others can have things they probably couldn't without their volunteering. All there are cheerful and very friendly to whoever comes in, and whatever their attitude may initially be. And a lot of folks leave with a better view of who and what Christians are than when they first entered.

Just because the good stuff that happens never hits the airways, doesn't mean it's not happening all around us, because it IS. We just never hear about it. There are STILL a lot of great folks in this world. Nobody pays them any attention, and they just go about doing their good deeds as naturally as anyone can do anything. It just flows out of them like water! We too often form our attitudes and perceptions of "the world" around us by what we see and hear on the various news channels. What a wrong way to form our perceptions!!! They only give us what they think we'll say "ooh" about! And good deeds never seem to do that. It's as if they're in the business of creating and sustaining fear, rather than faith.

God bless all these simple and humble people who do HIS will, and make so much difference in this world, compared to what it'd be without their efforts! They really, truly MATTER! And they matter a LOT!