Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben's Red for lubersizer?

Boolit Master

I don't know why I read every thread the has Ben's Red in the title. I've been sitting on the ingredients for Ben's Red for a couple of years now but have so much NRA formula and so much Alox 350, beeswax and micro-crystalline wax that works in the range of loads that I normally shoot, that I may never get around to it.

I guess the reason is that with my low velocity loads(mostly handgun) I might never see the advantage.
    John
    W.TN

I've tried several different commercial and homeade lubes over the last several years and had some very good results, but each was lacking in one area or another, such as hot weather, cold weather, cold bore shots, etc.

I can lube up with Ben's Red no matter the time of year or the conditions and shoot with total confidence.
    Bll gives me the same results, so i do a lot of tumble lubing now. I go hunting with an unfired, cold bore knowing where my first shot is going in a hunting situation.
    For me and my rifles and handguns, the difference was like night from day from the very start with Ben's lubes.

It has to get pretty darn cold to need to use heat in a lubesizer with Ben's Red, and doesn't take much to get it flowing even then.
    I shoot from 500 fps. to 2600 fps. with Ben's Red and or BLL and NEVER a problem from either lube.....ever!

Ben has made my cast shooting just like shooting jacketed....just load and shoot....no worries.

Anyone use it in a Star yet? I have some I made up and am tempted to drop it in the star and have a go at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12